Green Demands 'Gers Showdown - The Sun

If information posted proves to be correct, is there anybody reading this board that can do anything about it?

Would depend on who actually reads the board no?

How do you expect the average fan, who doesn't have much understanding of or interest in company law or finance, to react to the cryptic guarded warning of some unverifiable poster on a chat board?

I don't expect them to do anything, I'm not anybody's keeper I assume people are smart to enough to research something if they're interested enough.

If guys like FS and GS have genuine concerns about the future of our club and really want to bring about change then they're going about it in completely the wrong way. All they're really creating here is an opportunity for themselves to say "I told you so" at some point in the future.

And the correct way is what exactly?

not if people listened instead of fighting against whats patently obvious.

btw i am not saying our future is in doubt. just that we will never ever get back to winning the spl while we are owned by people like green who are taking millions out.

I'm not saying that what you claim isn't true, but what's patently obvious to you isn't patently obvious to the average punter.

Gather your evidence together along with the case you want to make and publish it - If it's so patently obvious it'll speak for itself. A proposed plan of action would be useful too.

If guys like FS and GS have genuine concerns about the future of our club and really want to bring about change then they're going about it in completely the wrong way.

Totally agree with you. There were enough requests to at least clarify what was said and they were ignored. Then someone complains and is hit with financial babble and implied he's an idiot for not knowing it.

This is a time when people of a profession usually considered the most boring thing in the world, actually have some kudos and the attention of everyone. Instead of using this status to educate genuinely interested people, some are just figuratively baiting them and then flexing their muscles and pushing them around.

All they're really creating here is an opportunity for themselves to say "I told you so" at some point in the future.

Which is EXACTLY what they did with Whyte... And then complain nobody listened.

Would depend on who actually reads the board no?

I don't expect them to do anything, I'm not anybody's keeper I assume people are smart to enough to research something if they're interested enough.

And the correct way is what exactly?

The correct way would be to prove the case your making with verifiable sources and present it in a way that will convince the average fan. Or even better convince someone who can effect change.

I'm not saying that what you claim isn't true, but what's patently obvious to you isn't patently obvious to the average punter.

Gather your evidence together along with the case you want to make and publish it - If it's so patently obvious it'll speak for itself. A proposed plan of action would be useful too.

it isn't patently obvious to you that green taking 2.5 million in cash out in a year is bad for our future?

The average punter has no interest till the shit hits the fan as Whyte and Green have so ably demonstrated.

It was patently obvious that Whyte was a c*&t from the outset and plenty of evidence was put forward to prove that, if people want to play the three wise monkeys then that's up to them, same goes for Green where even a cursory glance of his record was enough to hoist the big red flags.

But you assume that all that is done is anonymous posts on the internet, but that's simply not the case.

my guess is in a few weeks cenkos will be gone and the likes of reaper will be back here doing the comical ali routine over something else. it's a long and tiering road.

a year ago people were insisting that green had never met whyte. look where we are now on that one.

Actually, I would hazard a claim that no-one but Green said so. Why would any Gersnetter get himself into that position anyway. What many probably did say was what we always demanded for Rangers FC too: "not guilty until proven". Just saying.

it isn't patently obvious to you that green taking 2.5 million in cash out in a year is bad for our future?

Why don't we wait till he actually does?

It's not that simple though it is? Why is Green still extremely popular with some sections of the support if that's the only fact that matters?

Plus, I'm talking more about the specific claims you make regarding Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and Mather. Again, I'm not saying your wrong, but if you're so utterly convinced that they're part of a conspiracy it shouldn't be too difficult to convince us too.

It's not that simple though it is? Why is Green still extremely popular with some sections of the support if that's the only fact that matters?

Simply because as Lincoln said," You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time".

Plus, I'm talking more about the specific claims you make regarding Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and Mather. Again, I'm not saying your wrong, but if you're so utterly convinced that they're part of a conspiracy it shouldn't be too difficult to convince us too.

Why are you throwing "conspiracy" into the mix it's far,far simpler than that it's simply people looking after their own interests and putting them before the club it's that simple it's all about maximising their filthy lucre.

The average punter has no interest till the shit hits the fan as Whyte and Green have so ably demonstrated.

It was patently obvious that Whyte was a c*&t from the outset and plenty of evidence was put forward to prove that, if people want to play the three wise monkeys then that's up to them, same goes for Green where even a cursory glance of his record was enough to hoist the big red flags.

But you assume that all that is done is anonymous posts on the internet, but that's simply not the case.

Clearly Whyte's c*&titude wasn't patently obvious from the start, otherwise more people would have noticed it. He did everything to obscure his past record. There was a mass of misinformation and picking the genuine facts out of the media was impossible for most people.

The average punter doesn't see the shit coming until it hits the fan. It's not their fault - they're sports enthusiasts, not business analysts.

Edited by Thinker