Green Demands 'Gers Showdown - The Sun

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

What if you lead the horse near to water which isn't in sight and then deliberately put blinkers on him and refuse to take them off even though it's obvious he's uncomfortable and not able to find the water easily?

Not only that, suppose there is other water around with locoweed in it?

Can I ask a few of questions that I'm finding a bit ambiguous in the arguments? So were the fans right or wrong to invest in the IPO and buy season tickets? How CAN they stop the money being taken out of the club? What have the less naive supporters done to help the situation?

Wrong, the average punter while generally optimistic and reluctant to see his club in a bad like, generally doesn't know what to believe when a load of innuendo is thrown around. There is so much anti-Rangers propaganda just what ARE you to believe?

The use of Google, Bing et al is not beyond the comprehension of the average bear.

That is incredibly unfair. The main evidence for that was in a Rangers hatchet job of a TV program that also had it that we were guilty of tax evasion. It's all very well talking about so called evidence but the media would have it that it was inconceivable we'd win the tax case and our titles should be stripped. Yeah, three wise monkeys, eh?

Secondly, with what came out about Whyte, what could the fans actually do? The only real evidence that came out was that he was banned from being a director, doesn't mean he'd commit another crime. It could have meant that he was the kind of wise guy who knew how to play the game and get us out of a tight spot. HMRC were desperate to put us out of business, maybe having a dangerous rottweiller was better than a well behaved, tail wagging collie. There is NO WAY you could know what he would do - whether it would be good or bad for us, and no way to stop him. Just ask the old board.

Irrespective of who was delivering the message it was ignored simply because people didn't want to hear it.

To claim there was "NO WAY" anybody could know what he would is ignorant in the extreme, there was "NO WAY" it was going to end in anything other than liquidation the second Whyte got his hands on us his track record was there for anyone who could be bothered to look for it.

Again, what could we do? And again there is the point that Whyte needed to be put to the sword and it not only took someone devious enough to do it, but also someone who didn't mind taking the fall for it, for a nice pile of cash of course. How would the Blue Knights have handled that? But then, they didn't even have the wherewithal to resurrect the club anyway - and wanted to use the clubs own cash to buy it, and future payments from pie in the sky conditions? We had Green forced upon us and he delivered on certain things and now we need to pay the devil his dues.

Wait till BDO reports and we'll see just what was the difference in the two bids. We know for a fact that D&P accepted Green & Co's bid without a proof of funds, we know for a fact that Green & Co's bid included the prize money that was subsequently withheld or signed away if you prefer. We know that Green was nothing more than Whyte's front man, we still have to find out if Green was successful in shafting Whyte or has made an arse of it.

Maybe not, but how do you work out which stuff is true and which isn't. It's all very well to say you can research it, but that's not exactly easy. A lot of research and illegally leaked documents went into the RTC site and THAT ended up being a load of bollocks.

Why do you keep assuming are to thick to do their own research all it takes is the will, the time and internet access. What documents turned out to be bollocks? Continually shooting the messenger because the message doesn't suit achieves what exactly?

But again the biggest problem with people like yourself is that you only give teasers, you don't actually take time to explain or back up your posts. How are we supposed to treat that as facts and serious warnings? Instead of doing this and then fighting with everyone in a condescending way, it would seem more prudent to be a bit more like the sage who welcomes the thirst for knowledge and delivers his wisdom benevolently and patiently and in an easily understandable way...

Keep shooting the messenger. The facts explain themselves, I'll put it as simply as I can, my information is that Cenkos are no longer willing to act as the NOMAD for RIFC the inclusion of Easdale on the board being the straw that broke the camels back. You can believe or not that is your right.

Edited by forlanssister

Can I ask a few of questions that I'm finding a bit ambiguous in the arguments? So were the fans right or wrong to invest in the IPO and buy season tickets? How CAN they stop the money being taken out of the club? What have the less naive supporters done to help the situation?

It was a matter of individual choice whether they invested in the IPO or not the prospectus was there for all to read then make their decision, personally I chose not to after having read the prospectus because in my own opinion it was grossly overvalued at 70p per share all the upside all the way back into the Champions League had been factored in the price. It was blatantly clear that a recapitalisation would be needed at the end of this coming season. The remuneration packages for the Boardroom was out of all perspective to the reality of where we are at. I did not and still do believe that the "Institutional investors" were investors in the true sense but merely vehicles being used to hide who the actual beneficial holders of the shares are.

The fans managed to prevent Ahmad receiving a pay off running into the hundreds of thousands of pounds.

To me this seems like a Yes / No (take your pick) referendum campaigner addressing his team: "Our stance on independence is clearly the correct one so there's no need for any posters, TV slots or any of that stuff. If the public vote for the other guy then hell mend them - they'll just have to live with the consequences."

To me this seems like a Yes / No (take your pick) referendum campaigner addressing his team: "Our stance on independence is clearly the correct one so there's no need for any posters, TV slots or any of that stuff. If the public vote for the other guy then hell mend them - they'll just have to live with the consequences."

Your probably right, the only ones that could have changed things were too busy argueing among themselves, the fans.

The alternative of not doing so would not have been something pleasant to contemplate.

my information is that Cenkos are no longer willing to act as the NOMAD for RIFC

Let's assume that your information is accurate. Any chance of explaining to those of us not familiar with the stock exchange workings and rules etc, what that would mean? If Cenkos bail what does it mean for RIFC and all the fans who invested money in the IPO? Can RIFC simply find another NOMAD and carry on as it was or there a big problem of some sort? Give us an idiot proof explanation.

Let's assume that your information is accurate. Any chance of explaining to those of us not familiar with the stock exchange workings and rules etc, what that would mean? If Cenkos bail what does it mean for RIFC and all the fans who invested money in the IPO? Can RIFC simply find another NOMAD and carry on as it was or there a big problem of some sort? Give us an idiot proof explanation.

Yes another NOMAD has been lined up they're a necessary evil required by the AIM market.

The NOMAD is supposed to police the company they sponsor which is as big a conflict of interest as could be imagined and one of the reasons US authorities take such a dim view of AIM.

The NOMAD gets a nice annual retainer and other fees not the kind of thing they do lightly, the last company I'm aware of that got dumped by their NOMAD was non other than the Merchant House Group of Craig Whyte fame though they were thought to have secured the services of Allenby Capital of Imran Ahmad fame Merchant House Group were delisted before Allenby did any work on their behalf. AS far as I'm aware Allenby won't be the ones to replace Cenkos.

It won't have any immediately noticeable effect for those who hold shares,

Cenkos also held warrants in regards to RIFC shares one wonders if they have decided they hold no value.

Don't be surprised if this isn't painted as RIFC replacing Cenkos.

Interesting thread...I'd like to see figures of who took what and who took the micky. That's lacking here, it's all predictions based on previous predictions which don't prove a thing.

Some statements on who got what would be very helpful to the likes of me and others judging from what I've read in this thread.

So many remain unconvinced...if the predictions are true it would be very helpful to provide proof - if only for the safe future of Rangers FC.