We carry a vast Protestant support ... is this a crime?

Guest Geo the Ger

IMHO, religion is a private thing. Having been brought up in a non-religious society really gives you a certain point of view on such debates and at times it beggars belief what is still going on in Britain and other countries with regards to e.g. segregated schooling. And with no disrespect to any practising boarder, no monotheistic belief has been good to mankind, with Christianity and Islam being the worst "offenders", mostly because of their intolerance to others and their own.

Suum cuique, as the Romans said. As long as people leave me be, I'll do the same. My dislike for the Scum does not come from their religion, but the way they go about it and their love for murderers and terrorists.

When it comes to Rangers, I'm a football fan.

Wow - but what does it actually mean other than a throw away comment based on zilch? Define Protestantism.

Thats all it is mate, a throw away comment. I have no way of knowing for sure, it's just my opinion from people i know, churches i see empty every week and the general feeling i get from the country. Religion is dying, people are not so daft these days as to believe in some hocus pocus person in the sky.

people are not so daft these days as to believe in some hocus pocus person in the sky.

Like Einstein did? People with an inner private faith these days do not believe in a male type figure in the sky with a long beard, who is out to punish you for sins. Most modern day private 'faith' is not dogmatic. It is in a belief that the billions upon billions of 'coincidences' that hold our solar systems from top to bottom in perfect symmetry didn't happen by accident. They don't really care what form this Energy\God takes.

Einstein himself had a little model version of the main planets\moons in one of his offices, all weighted to revolve around each other in perfect time to replicate a tiny piece of our solar system. One of his peers came into his office and was completely blown away by the little piece of brilliance. He said to Einstein "whoever made this is a genius". Einstein said "Really? You think? Then think about a version billions of times the size of this and tell me now that there was no genius behind it".

I always find the cheap 'hocus pocus man in the sky' a bit insulting to those who have the faith that Einstein alluded to. It is also the same ''hocus pocus'' attitude that humans have had for centuries because of the limitations of the tiny human mind. If we cant touch it or see it - "Ach hocus pocus" - that is until scientists discover it, and then...we move on the next 'hocus pocus' to ridicule.

As people have rightly pointed out this is a football forum, so this is my last post on 'faith' on this thread. But it would be nice if people were a bit more open minded prior to 'hocus pocus' type comments.

PS Jedi is a pretty big religion in the States.

Someone just sold me a whistle down the market which I couldn't resist buying. It said above the stall 'Attract Fanny - The Easy Way - Just one blow of this magic whistle' I took it home at 10:45 and blew as hard as I could, and sat back and waited ...You'll never guess what happened next!!!

Someone just sold me a whistle down the market which I couldn't resist buying. It said above the stall 'Attract Fanny - The Easy Way - Just one blow of this magic whistle' I took it home at 10:45 and blew as hard as I could, and sat back and waited ...You'll never guess what happened next!!!

You felt a fanny? Or did you attract a dog?

GS - another figure plucked out of your earhole. Don't bother reading the posts. Just get yourself another mark on the post count. Tell me where you have ever seen a church with the word Protestant in its name (read my last post as I cant be arsed posting it again).

After Luther pinned his 50 odd anti-Rome comments against the door or wall (whatever it was) and he spent many years between churches, was he a non-Protestant in those periods? I had no idea that there was a timeline put on being a protestant against Rome unless you had a church to call your own. When was this cut off point? "Luther, you can continue to protest against Rome, but you and your future generations have until 22nd November 1725 to align yourself to a non-Catholic church, and by the way it's 13:00 as its half day shutting. If you don't join one of the other churches you cant 'protest' against Rome any more. You can be 'agnostic' or 'atheist', baptist, C of E, C of S, even Rangers Chat forum member. But not Protestant! We don't want that word around. It sounds too harsh. Oh and by the way if you decide you don't like the church you are in and you want to join another one we will let you be Protestant between memberships for 2 weeks, unless you are ill, on holiday, have a doctors line, and then you can have 6 weeks between churches. But one day more and you cant call yourself the P word - get it?"

i'm one of the few who do attend regularly. i think people have a serious cheek calling themselves protestant if they do ot attend church.

i'm one of the few who do attend regularly. i think people have a serious cheek calling themselves protestant if they do ot attend church.

I kind of agree because there's a level of hypocrisy involved, but it's just the way it is.

Most of the catholics in Scotland aren't actually practicing either. They only go to chapel for special occasions. In some countries (France is an example) hardly anyone at all regularly attends churches and chapels and the act of actually practicing religion is all but dead.