We carry a vast Protestant support ... is this a crime?

Guest Geo the Ger

Guest Nevergreen

I am a football fan, I am also an atheist, but consider myself a protestant, is their a paradox there, I doubt I am alone in this.

I am a football fan, I am also an atheist, but consider myself a protestant, is their a paradox there, I doubt I am alone in this.

You are not alone mate, not by a long shot, but that little band over there on that moral high ground will preach to you that this is forbidden.

In what way?

Does this help explain it for you?

Bluenoses are born, not manufactured,

We do not choose, we are chosen

Those who don’t understand don’t matter,

Those who understand need no explanation.

Does this help explain it for you?

Bluenoses are born, not manufactured,

We do not choose, we are chosen

Those who don’t understand don’t matter,

Those who understand need no explanation.

And in what way does that relate to anchorman's reply to calscot's?

Our history & heritage is of a scottish protestant unionist club. If we wish to become a truly global brand then we must become all-inclusive. I don't have a problem with that so as we don't lose our history & heritage which we shouldn't do.

Is it not the case Rangers now have more catholic supporters than Celtic have protestant supporters? Bet that would upset some over at the girodome.

Rangers undoubtedly have a strong protestant history/following, however being brought up in East Lothian it was never an issue,having said that it has recently become more of a problem,IMO. For me though religion,luckily, has never been an issue.

Each to their own with regards to religion but I have a real hatred for religion in general but also have a degree of respect for their belief,but it has never had anything to do with football for me.

FTP :razz:

Then you need to define what you mean by "protestant" - in your case, and in many others', I suspect it defines what you are not, rather than what you are.

You cannot logically be an atheist and a Protestant. You can, however be an atheist and a protestor against the doctrines and teachings of the Roman Catholic church.

And if you are, why are you?

Do you have doctrinal issues with the Romans? Or is your 'protestantism' actually a social result of the division caused in society by the segregated schooling system enforced on society by the RC church?