"Scotland might surprise you"

â??Scotland might surprise youâ? â?? according to the Scottish Tourist Board promotional advert. It would certainly surprise you, had you flown into any of our countryâ??s airports and been greeted by the billboard which welcomed visitors with the claim â??Scotland - probably the best small country in the worldâ?

Because any visitor would be more than surprised at the manifestation of hatred towards one of Scotlandâ??s oldest and most respected institutions â?? Rangers Football Club. Furthermore temporary guests to our shores would be even more surprised to learn that this outward pouring of hatred, venom, poison and bile, often from behind the safety of a keyboard, was neither condemned nor challenged by Scotland â??moral guardians of societyâ? â?? the press.

But the surprises will just keep on coming for our visitors. They will learn of the journalist who saw fit to support Scotlandâ??s Hate Crime Bill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14800819

and yet, surprisingly, described the festering festival of hatred conducted by a hate-filled mob against Rangers FC as follows : â??A voracious, voluble, impassioned type of democracy has won the day.â? Scotland may surprise you with her shameless levels of hypocrisy.

And such visitors would be right to ask what kind of â??democracyâ? is Scotland where football authorities usurp the fundamental presumption of innocence, who seek to impose draconian and excessive punishments on the untried, and who ignore the rulings of Scotlandâ??s courts to inflict unlawful transfer embargos on the aforementioned Rangers FC. Small wonder then that â??Scotland might surprise youâ?

And they would be surprised by the lack of contrition shown by those who declared the innocent â??guiltyâ? before trial, yet were subsequently vindicated of the allegations against them. They would be even more surprised that the guilty have gone unpunished, remain in their respective posts and still weave their web of chaos with regard to our national game.

But they wont be surprised that the hate filled mob reneged on their promises to sell out Saturdays or support their own clubs. For this was never about devotion but hatred motivated by petty jealousy and bigotry, among other things. Scotlandâ??s visitors will be further surprised to learn the only tale of devotion was that shown by the supporters of Rangers FC, despite their club being castigated to the lowest tier of Scottish football.

Perhaps what would surprise them most however, is that this country, so capable of such unbridled and unchallenged hatred, and which is more than willing to turn a blind eye to injustice against her own, has aspirations of self-governance.

It would not surprise me if our departing visitors were to commit an act of graffiti on that billboard as they leave our shoresâ?¦

â??Scotland â?? probably the best small-minded country in the worldâ?

Guest Geo the Ger

Well said! I'm delighted that a person like you ( good writer) stands up for my beloved club. Not many did so, especially last year. Thanks.

what amazes me is us Rangers supporters continue to elect politicians at all levels who despise our club & were actively trying to put it out of business altogether last summer. Until we're vigilant in whom we elect we'll go on getting this sort of treatment dished out to us.

My response is simply to find out what you can about your local politicians. Do what I do. If they've any association with the east end mob don't vote for them.

Edited by RANGERRAB

what amazes me is us Rangers supporters continue to elect politicians at all levels who despise our club & were actively trying to put it out of business altogether last summer. Until we're vigilant in whom we elect we'll go on getting this sort of treatment dished out to us.

My response is simply to find out what you can about your local politicians. Do what I do. If they've any association with the east end mob don't vote for them.

Maybe it is me who is missing something, but I would always vote for a politician that I feel would provide the best services, employment, reduction in crime - essentially the best person to lead my constituency forward for prosperity (not just wealth but general prosperity) - whether that person was white, black, yellow, a sheep shagger, a Tim or even an alien wouldnt concern me (I would draw the line at alien but I suspect many politicians already are..... :P)

Maybe it is me who is missing something, but I would always vote for a politician that I feel would provide the best services, employment, reduction in crime - essentially the best person to lead my constituency forward for prosperity (not just wealth but general prosperity) - whether that person was white, black, yellow, a sheep shagger, a Tim or even an alien wouldnt concern me (I would draw the line at alien but I suspect many politicians already are..... :P)

7 years ago Id have matched you word for word.

Now...the sooner the public realise that politics is for public show only and nothing to do with what goes on behind the scenes the better. Its quite funny how so many will shout "haha tin hat conspiracy theorist" yet having their balls ripped off them at the same time plus judging it from the mainstream...the very company they are funding with TV license. How fucked up can the world get??

Would you vote for George Galloway ? John Reid? Michael Mather? Roseanna Cunningham ?

Always amazes me how the Rangers unionist supporters keep stum on what the unionist politicians did for Rangers when we needed help.

Other than Murdo Fraser MSP not one said a word. Mind you didn't expect or get support from the SNP either