Ally wants another goalie

If perlata is rb it just reinforces my foster point.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Peralta is a defensive midfield player, which is used by Honduras as a righ-back. That sort of versatility is always welcome.

Foster seems to be the new whipping boy for some already.

It is a fair number of competitions and injuries will come. But as somebody surely mentioned before, why not call upon youth and/ or reserve players if needs be instead of signing people who will most likely spend the season on the bench?

The Record saying we still want Kenny Miller.

Miller has never hid that he'd like to come back but I'd be surprised and disappointed if we wasted a wage on him.

Just like we don't need another goalkeeper, we don't need another striker.

ALLY McCOIST maintains his strikers will start scoring soon and has credited them with more fluid forward play by Rangers so far this pre-season.

The Light Blues will play the fourth friendly of their warm-up campaign this evening when they play FC Gutersloh a few miles from their German training camp.

They’ll go into that game with three victories behind them already against Brora, Elgin and Bristol City, all achieved without any goals being conceded.

The only people to find the net for Gers so far have been midfielders, with Fraser Aird getting the winner at Borough Briggs and Lewis Macleod netting in games either side.

But that doesn’t concern McCoist, who has been pleased by the contributions he has had from new recruits Nicky Clark and Jon Daly, along with Lee McCulloch and Andy Little.

The manager said: “I can’t have it both ways, even if I’d love to. I can’t say I want more goals from midfield then moan that the strikers aren’t scoring when it happens.

“That would be hypocritical of me to do that and I don’t have any doubt the strikers will get us goals. Their time will come soon enough.

“Lee and Andy got us in the region of 50 goals last season which was a fantastic return. Now the boys are looking to Nicky and big Jon to score and that’ll happen.

“I don’t have any doubts that’ll happen and I’m not worried about that at all. I’m actually far more encouraged by our forward play in general.

“People are getting forward more to score from the middle of the park. Lewis has taken his goals well and Fraser scored a lovely one for us at up Elgin.”

In particular, McCoist has been thrilled with the way Daly has settled into his squad and the ex-Dundee United attacker is someone he sees as one of the natural leaders in the pool.

The 30-year-old has brought more experience to the group and he has brought a lot of the attributes the manager expected him to.

McCoist added: “Anybody you speak to about Jon has nothing but good words to say about the big fella. He’s exactly what we’ve wanted.

“He’s probably an older-type centre-forward who really knows the game and knows how to play it. He takes up fantastic positions and works his socks off.

“Jon also peels away from the ball as well as any centre-forward I’ve seen in a long, long time. He takes up great positions for a player of his type.

“Just as importantly, or maybe even more so, he is leading by example. He’s a smashing professional and a really good person who is aware of his responsibilities on and off the park.

“Jon’s own work rate is good but he’s helping others there too and he has been an absolute breath of fresh air, as we hoped and thought he would be.”

'RANGERS have stepped up their bid to bring Kenny Miller back to the club.

SunSport can reveal a move to land Vancouver Whitecaps hitman Miller for a THIRD spell is now firmly on the cards.

Boss Ally McCoist has brought in strikers Jon Daly and Nicky Clark and has Lee McCulloch and Andy Little to call on.

He wouldn’t be drawn on specific names but admitted: “I’d like one more striker who would complement someone like Jon Daly. Maybe someone who could go in behind a little bit more with a bit of pace to turn a defence.

“I’ve been delighted with big Jon and Nicky Clark but I think we need more in that department.”

Miller, 33, revealed in January he’d jump at a return to Gers, who he left for Bursapsor in 2011.

The Scotland star — Whitecaps’ highest earner on £750,000-a-year — is contracted until the MLS season ends in October.

He would either have to do a deal to free himself now or sign a pre-contract to join Gers in January.

McCoist discussed targets with chief executive Craig Mather and chairman Walter Smith after they jetted to the club’s German training base last night.

He added: “We’ve lost six from last season and brought seven in. I said we needed four or five so we still need another three.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2ZFpSglxk