Been out the loop for a while

I notice there is no mention of Templeton or Shields in any of the pre season games. I know Shields was injured at the end of last season but wasn't he supposed to be back by now? What's the story with Templeton? Injured also?

Dean Shiels is still out with the injury from last season, but I'm not sure how his recovery is going.

Templeton picked up some sort of injury in the first week back that rules him out for most, maybe even all of the pre-season which means he'll have a slow start to the season.

Yep, did my research in the rangers website and that seems pretty much the score. The lack of any news on Shields is worrying for him, especially as I reckon he is a guy who has a hell of a lot to prove after a pretty poor second half of last season. Templeton I want to see fit asap, with a couple of half decent strikers in the side and some decent movement ahead of him we should see big things from Templeton.

It's a bit of a nightmare for Templeton because missing pre-season is going to mean he's playing catch-up when he does return to full training and it's going to seriously affect his start to the season.