Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 0 Rangers

I know it's only preseason, but there are signs that Ally is still making the same mistakes that he did last season and the season before.

NOT that I'm expecting us to slip up at the weekend (!!), but the really annoying thing is that by doing things like playing Jig in defense, Ally is hanging himself out to dry if results go against us. Taking the cup game this weekend as an example, if Ally plays Jig at the back and we lose that game it just multiplies the fans' frustrations about the decision making. Obviously a lot of fans would be calling for the manager's head anyway if we went out the Ramsden's cup in the first round, but playing Jig in central defense just makes matters a whole lot worse should we slip up because people will instantly look at the baffling decision making and say, "well I'm not really surprised tbh".

People seem to forget that as from Saturday when the season starts and competition begins we can only play a set amount of trialists per game and even then no more than 3 times before sept 1st

The reason Ally started with that team.

Thought I would put this up, btw on last nights performance he would walk into our team.

rhys mccabe ‏@rhysmccabe16 4h

Good game last night, travelling Rfc support was fantastic ! No hard feelings or grudges held to the fans shouting abuse :) #swfc #rfc #wtp

Edited by chilledbear

Totally agree about the policing. I was thinking that when I saw the photo of the Lee Rigby flag being held up. If the Police had went in and tried to confiscate it, as would probably happen in Scotland, it could have all turned nasty.

I do think you also have to be honest though a lot of the times the Police do go with the atmosphere and how the fans are behaving.

Totally agree about the policing. I was thinking that when I saw the photo of the Lee Rigby flag being held up. If the Police had went in and tried to confiscate it, as would probably happen in Scotland, it could have all turned nasty.

I do think you also have to be honest though a lot of the times the Police do go with the atmosphere and how the fans are behaving.

Too often and the police in the North East of Scotland, in particular, seem to go out of their way to place obstructions in the way of the fans, prior to their entering the ground. At times, their approach is we are expecting you to cause trouble, so watch it. The cops are certainly within their rights to react to trouble but at times their attitude is unhelpful and can be a touch proactive.