A dinosaur rears it's head

There's a deeper answer to be given to your post amms but i'll just put one thing out there. The Loving Cup ceremony is an official club ritual and very much based on Unionism, the monarchy etc.

Okay, I look forward to your deeper answer.

The Loving Cup is one of the little things that make our club great. A beautiful piece of pottery with a sense of history which we received for a selfless, charitable act. That it is used once a year to toast the monarch is great, I love that about it. It's a historical curiosity that pertains to a time and place, its place in our club is emotional. It's like the St Etienne bike or the Arsenal shares (I'm still disproportionately angry about them) in that it only matters to us, only we put value on it.

That said I'm not sure what your point is.

Yay, politics & football!

Ban the advertising from the grounds and ban talking about the referendum from Rangers Chat!

It's summer, what else are we going to talk about?

Oh, and you leave the advertising alone...

Okay, I look forward to your deeper answer.

The Loving Cup is one of the little things that make our club great. A beautiful piece of pottery with a sense of history which we received for a selfless, charitable act. That it is used once a year to toast the monarch is great, I love that about it. It's a historical curiosity that pertains to a time and place, its place in our club is emotional. It's like the St Etienne bike or the Arsenal shares (I'm still disproportionately angry about them) in that it only matters to us, only we put value on it.

That said I'm not sure what your point is.

You asked what makes us more British than anyone else, is that not an example?

I'm shocked any Scots who lived through the 80's and 90's would vote Tory after how they've treated our country. Even their arguments against devolution and independence are full of lies, scaremongering and completely twisting the truth while telling us we're just too rubbish a people to govern ourselves. They treat us with contempt.

I think as a Scotsman you'd have to be a very money oriented, self centred, high earner to vote for them with an I'm all-right Jack attitude.

All other parties may have their failings but the Tories are pretty much the political equivalent of Celtic in Scotland - only looking out for themselves and contemptuously shafting everyone else.

What a simplistic and ignorant view. I know many who don't fall into your narrow-minded definition of Tory voters, and many others who I wouldn't presume to say that I know most people's reasons for their voting habits.

I'd argue that Scotland was relatively better off in the 80s than it is now.

I'd also argue that the pro-independence crowd are far more full of lies, scaremongering and completely twisting the truth.

What a simplistic and ignorant view. I know many who don't fall into your narrow-minded definition of Tory voters, and many others who I wouldn't presume to say that I know most people's reasons for their voting habits.

I'd argue that Scotland was relatively better off in the 80s than it is now.

I'd also argue that the pro-independence crowd are far more full of lies, scaremongering and completely twisting the truth.

Scottish nationalism has become very ugly to me.

Scottish nationalism has become very ugly to me.

"has become"? I put it to you, sir, that you started out with your mind made up about scottish nationalism. I say this because if you compare the records in office of the SNP v either of the westminster governments which have been in place since the SNP were elected, you cannot reasonably fail to conclude that Scotttish nationalism has been good for this country, whether it be higher education, the scottish NHS, free eye exams, care for the elderly, investment in renewable energy, investment in transport infrastucture, - the list goes on and on.

You know, stuff that used to be considered a British birthright? Stuff that you now only find practiced in Scotland. Maybe because we are now protected against the worst of Tory ideology?