A dinosaur rears it's head

I'd argue that they haven't - indeed, that it's not even possible for a political party to take over a national identity.

What they have tried to do is represent aspects of the Scottish identity - progressive, modern, ambitious, confident, independent, forward-thinking, open-minded, internationalist - and allowed the unionist parties to represent other aspects of the Scottish identity - reactionary, small-minded, timid, cowardly, dependent, craven, backward looking, isolationist....mind you, that's just my personal view ;)

That's what the vote yes campaign has boiled down to. They have been caught out on their arguments so they just insult those who don't agree with their political views.

hahaha, nice one.:fish:

Let us say, where once we were Scottish first and British second, now it seems to be reversed.

To the the detriment of the Club in my eyes.

I consider both of those identities equal, although the SNP are pretty much insisting you can't be both.

You have to be antagonistic and nasty to vote Tory? What a lot of crap. There's a lot of bitterness involved in that statement, something more akin to supporters of other teams. The votes for the Conservative and Unionists was a lot higher back then than it is now.

I wouldn't give myself a political label but this Tory = Evil idea seems so small minded to me.