McCoist blaming Green for today!!

I can understand McCoist's reluctance to leave. I can't see anyone else having him.

He wouldn't get a job at any other club. It's us or nothing for him.

I am not so sure now he has managed Rangers. O'Neill and Strachan seem to get a lot more work than the likes of McLeish and Smith.

None of them have McCoists charisma.

McCoist is a very clever guy (apart from managing a team). I know his close circle well (quite a few box holders at Breezeblock Boulevard e.g. the Keans) and I know the pelters he would take about "we don't do walking away". They may be mates but when it comes to football they won't hand him sympathy. I have the feeling he knows exactly what he has said today, and I've a funny feeling he may be 'buying his own ticket' knowing full well if CG gets any control back he was a 'gonner' anyway.

I don't think Walter would have made these comments about Green and that's an area where Ally could still learn from Walter because he would have said "no comment" or "I'm not going to answer that" or similar when provoked about the subject of Green and his comments. Walter would possibly not even have done the post-match interview or if he did, he would have walked out when harassed about Green.

Ally really needs to wise up, but to be fair to him, Green's comments were below the belt and the gloves are off because someone like Green shouldn't be dictating what the season's expectations are for the club and manager in the press like that. Saying that Ally needs to win a cup as well as the league was uncalled for when the only "must-win" competition is the league.

Then with the performance, the result and the press/media harassment & frenzy, Ally has been whipped into a furious state of anger and lost his cool.

Personally, I hope Ally stands strong and just learns to know when to walk out of a press conference or interview like Walter did so often.

Guest LoyalBear

If Ally was any half of the manager our previous have been, the on-going saga concerning Green wouldn't effect his players, another cop out from Super.

Think his time may be nearing an end.

I have the feeling he knows exactly what he has said today, and I've a funny feeling he may be 'buying his own ticket' knowing full well if CG gets any control back he was a 'gonner' anyway.

You may well be right and I did have this thought myself tonight. It could easily be a manufactured exit like Green's "paki friend" one, although I'd be annoyed with Ally if that were the case because he shouldn't be sinking to Green's level and taking part in the Yorkshireman's dog and pony show.

I don't think Walter would have made these comments about Green and that's an area where Ally could still learn from Walter because he would have said "no comment" or "I'm not going to answer that" or similar when provoked about the subject of Green and his comments. Walter would possibly not even have done the post-match interview or if he did, he would have walked out when harassed about Green.

Ally really needs to wise up, but to be fair to him, Green's comments were below the belt and the gloves are off because someone like Green shouldn't be dictating what the season's expectations are for the club and manager in the press like that. Saying that Ally needs to win a cup as well as the league was uncalled for when the only "must-win" competition is the league.

Then with the performance, the result and the press/media harassment & frenzy, Ally has been whipped into a furious state of anger and lost his cool.

Personally, I hope Ally stands strong and just learns to know when to walk out of a press conference or interview like Walter did so often.

I understand your point, but I actually got some new found respect for Ally today. Too often he sits on the fence, and doesn't tell us what he really thinks. Now there can be no doubt about his feelings for green. If that causes a little bad press, then it's a small price to pay. They would have wrote their usual pish anyway.

Whatever people think about Ally as manager, we have to back him in this battle with green. If we don't, I dread to think what the future holds.