Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

BTW folks, we should be in the clear that the sports media in Scotland, after we handed them the story of their lifes, pounce on ever uttering that echoes from Ibrox (which is sad enough) and will milk this all as long as they can squeeze a drop out of it. I for one will not believe a word that comes out of Scrote, even if he tells me that today is Monday. The rest of that horrible lot, as you can read above, followed suit. For all we know, much of that info comes from Scrote, probably via his suggested link to Easdale? Am I to expect that Smith talks to Easdale and all his other fellow directors (especially of the "opposite" faction) all the time and about him going to chuck it? Obviously, we all know that even the Green-faction will think twice ere sending Smith away or let him harbour thoughts of going. For it would be a massive PR disaster. That aid, even if that's the case, what would happen?

BTW, do we actually know how the requisition was tabled? By the sound of it, it looked rather agressively. If it was done that way, bad enough. You would have thought that these men talk to one another. If it was done after some talking took place, was it more the "opposition's bluster" that got all folk animated? Mather's outspoken statement was rather unexpected.

I have to be honest and say that I was more surprised by the reaction to Mathers comments than the comments themselves. I didn't agree with everything he said, but to me at least it made perfect sense why he made that statement. The requisition was afterall calling for the removal of himself and two of his fellow directors. Also I thought it wasn't too dissimilar to a few statements Green made last year shortly before and after taking on the role of CEO. One diference is that Mather didn't resort to riduculous stereotyping talking about Braveheart and Mel Gibson and the other is that at least those Mel Gibson types were offering to buy the club.

Walter concedes that he is not ideally suited to the chairmanship role. Most of us have strong reservations whether Ally has managerial capabilities. In time, the positions of chairman and manager will be filled by other people. However, both Ally and Walter have a deep love for our club. I just find it incredible that some genuinely feel that Green, Stockbridge and Mather, are likely to care enough about Glasgow Rangers to provide the leadership required to restore our club to a position whereby it was maybe not liked by many but was respected. If Keith Jackson is right and Walter was isolated in his opposition to Green's return, there is a bloke called Ian Hart, who sits on the board. What does he contribute? Just where does he stand? It would be interesting, too, if Mr Easdale could explain what qualities he believes CG has to act as a consultant. I suspect like the rest of us, he will know that this was a clumsy scheme to give Mr Green a fresh platform to have his say.

The most annoying thing about this whole saga is that the fans are never informed of anything other than what we are forced to read in the MSM!. The fans are the life blood of the club and yet are treated with disregard. It's time for the fans to demand answers.

very.

but the fans would go mental. i would hope that would be the end of the current regime.

I thought that. I just hope he stays and if they do try to oust him then the backlash from the fans would be enormous!.

very.

but the fans would go mental. i would hope that would be the end of the current regime.

If, and I expect you are correct, the support did turn on Green and co we are powerless now. Season ticket money is in, there is very little else we can realistically do that would create any kind of change now.

and something better than Mather's rather disingenuous statement on Saturday. The individuals making the EGM requisition may not have put money into the Club but they seem to be speaking on behalf of a sizable chunk of the institutional investors, who clearly have concerns about the way the Club is being run.