Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

So signing players and arranging a bloated pre-season was just a waste of time?

C'mon STB, quit the trolling. You know exactly what he means and you know exactly why posters are upset at this news and very concerned. If you don't share those concerns then that's fine, we get that you are quite comfortable with Green and his cabal in charge and the removal of Smith should ensure they can drive forward unimpeded. But don't pretend this has anything to do with on field stuff.

C'mon STB, quit the trolling. You know exactly what he means and you know exactly why posters are upset at this news and very concerned. If you don't share those concerns then that's fine, we get that you are quite comfortable with Green and his cabal in charge and the removal of Smith should ensure they can drive forward unimpeded. But don't pretend this has anything to do with on field stuff.

My posts and tweets over the last 24 hours or so show i'm anything but comfortable with our club's state right now, on and off the park.

Guest ThRangers

I can't help but fear we are on the brink. The fans are fed up and I struggle to see us unite like last season. All I keep hearing is talk of admin again, and now Smith leaves. One wrong move and we could be finished this time.

Wrong person resigned should have been McCoist as he cant seem to motivate a team like Walter Smith did.

it's ONE defeat. OK so yes it's a bad one but it's ONE defeat. I get it, our cup record isn't great and there are plenty of areas for improvement but McCoist should not resign.

I think Walter may have because Green is back as a paid consultant. Clearly the behind the scenes wrangling is making him uncomfortable. We'll know more soon

I can't help but fear we are on the brink. The fans are fed up and I struggle to see us unite like last season. All I keep hearing is talk of admin again, and now Smith leaves. One wrong move and we could be finished this time.

Explain why?

Because I cannot buy this 'football doesn't matter now' line that many seem to be coming up with. I care about the product on the park and even in sorting this mess out we don't just put that on hold.

When the future of the entire club is up for grabs then yes the quality on the park is put to the sidelines for a while. Fed up hearing why Ally should hang his jacket up right now. Ally isn't the chairman, in the boardroom and seeing every single thing. Something has clearly pissed Walter off.

Posturing about Ally (any poster) and how he should quit is not helpful at the moment. Club stability is our goal at the moment. We can barely go a fucking week without a crisis so scoring the players/managers on their on the park quality is way down my list of priorities.

Rubbish! Rangers will never be finished! Just you remember that!