Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

And who removes the incompetent Board ?

Sometimes the blinkers need to be removed to see the bigger picture.

I don't wear blinkers. My priority is the football club, the football side of things and the top guy there is the manager, of which, ours is incompetent and needs removed.

When did fans get so knowledgeable and so involved with the company side of supporting their football clubs?

I view our footballing as about more than results.

You are quite obtuse aren't you? So do I - which surely should go without saying. The point is, I'm confident we will get the results that count for us (i.e the league). I'm not confident with the current set up we have with the board/shareholders situation. So that's the focus.

This is a thread about Smith resigning, I think there is one for discussion on the football side further down the page...

Unless the club's existence is at stake ie administration then I don't think we need to prioritise and put other issues to the side. Right now this seems like a bunch of fighting between factions that will eventually sort itself out one way or another, albeit it's painful for us as fans.

Ah, right. So unless we're heading for administration then the onfield stuff matters just as much. It was that sort of muddled thinking that led to all this in the first place. If we'd been far more conscious of what was happening in the boardroom 5 years ago we might not be in this position.

You always need to prioritise what's important. Your past backing for Green is blinding you here I fear. If the top of the club is fucked you can forget about fixing the team.

You are quite obtuse aren't you? So do I - which surely should go without saying. The point is, I'm confident we will get the results that count for us (i.e the league). I'm not confident with the current set up we have with the board/shareholders situation. So that's the focus.

This is a thread about Smith resigning, I think there is one for discussion on the football side further down the page...

When people post football doesn't matter/is low priority i'm entitled to disagree.

Ah, right. So unless we're heading for administration then the onfield stuff matters just as much. It was that sort of muddled thinking that led to all this in the first place. If we'd been far more conscious of what was happening in the boardroom 5 years ago we might not be in this position.

You always need to prioritise what's important. Your past backing for Green is blinding you here I fear. If the top of the club is fucked you can forget about fixing the team.

A look at the accounts showed the debt Murray was building up (EBT case aside), too many fans were blinded because of the trophies we won from his borrowed millions.

I want to see the accounts now before hugely panicking.

Guest alfiebass

Green's return has been like a car crash for our club. personally I hope it's a fatal one where he is concerned. I here Yorkshire can be quite nice at this time of year, so why don't you take your cash fuck off back there Mr Green.

Unless the club's existence is at stake ie administration then I don't think we need to prioritise and put other issues to the side. Right now this seems like a bunch of fighting between factions that will eventually sort itself out one way or another, albeit it's painful for us as fans.

With reportedly less than 7 million in the bank that administration event may be closer than you think - and do you think Charlie's investors will pony up more money so soon after spunking 22 million down ? I dont - so he would need to find some more mugs, I mean investors, and that may not be as easy as he thinks.