walter statement coming soon.

This is a simple problem of partly our own making.

What did a lot of us want after Whyte? A shareholding spread over many people (preferably fans) and not a dictator.

What did we get? A shareholding spread over many people (businessmen not fans) with no actual dictator but one who likes to act like one.

The problem could have been avoided if Jim McColl had stood up to be counted when D&P were touting us to everyone that had a American Express gold card.

For reasons known only to himself, Mr McColl chose not to get involved when he could have secured ownership of our great club for a song.

Walter and Jim McColl chose not to. You have to ask yourself why?

Green, as much as he has caused disruption, which I agree he has, has also tried to defend our club more than any of our previous custodians have ever done since the days of Struth and Waddell, and whether that was to protect his own interests, it was still a very refreshing change to what we have gone through for the last 30 odd years.

If Jim McColl now wants to take control of our club then he better start speaking to the fans and reassuring us that his way will be better and not just be another mess of "investors" that want to take from "The Rangers" rather than give their all for us.

He must also reassure us that he will defend us from our enemies and not fall back into the "dignified silence" of yesteryear.

If there is one thing we all agree on, here and all other Rangers forums, no matter who owns us we all want the best for our club, and if Jim McColl and Walter can give us those assurances then I will support them in any way that I can.

I think part of the problem was and still is that McColl doesn't want control of Rangers. Same as the rest of us he wants those who are in control to be looking after the club.

What I don't get, is Walter seems to be saying there's too much infighting and the board's getting hee haw done - but get behind the board and support the, in throwing even more ingredients into the pot.

But the pots got ingredients which taste rotten. It needs to be emptied and started again from scratch.

I just don't get Walter's logic.

Who knows more about managing Rangers? You, or Walter?

You do him a disservice as a man, if you think a friendship would cloud his judgement on this. I'll judge Ally when he gets the chance to concentrate on football matters, and a proper budget. Much the same as what Walter said.

I'm no Ally fanboi, but he doesn't deserve to lose his job, not yet.

That question means absolutely nothing nor would the answer tell us anything interesting.

We are not talking about taking sides from one person to another. It's a human being or a football club. Walter Smith the man would absolutely 100% put his friendship with McCoist before our club, no doubt about it. Perhaps you do him a disservice.

Ally absolutely deserves to lose his job. How many more chances do we give him to mess up? How many more humiliations? How many more cup exits? His time is well and truly up.

The resolution calls for the removal of 3 directors to be replaced by 2. I don't see how that can be adding to the pot.

Now that Walters stepped down, we'll need a new chairman. Who's in line for that?

Guest nvager

Walter's statement was very unclear in my opinion.

I believe he is supporting McColl and Murray yet says Mather who they want out, is doing a fine job.

I think WS was fooled by McColl before and again now maybe. McColl does not seem anxious to put serious money into Rangers. (Did not before when he could have bought the club.)

Also WS is a big Ally supporter and maybe Ally will be terminated.

I would like to see an AGM with debate, clarity and audited accounts. Then we will all know a lot more.