When Do The Board Meet To Discuss Green?

No one (not even WS it seems) was there purely and simply for the good of the Club everyone just wanted a fast buck, some faster than others.

Reputedly paid a large honorarium by Green (aka RFC) to take the job.

If you're suggesting that Walter was back at the club or took the chairman's job to make a fast buck, I think it's a bit of cringeworthy train of thought and path to go down.

In all honesty I don't think they will meet to discuss Green's future certainly not at a specially convened minuted board meeting.

Personally I think he made a rod for his own back in claiming he'd hold a meeting within 7 days, it looked a panic measure and a sign of weakness,

RANGERS Chief Executive Craig Mather has today issued the following statement.

"At a meeting with supporters last Thursday (August 8) I outlined my intention to convene a Board meeting within seven days to discuss Charles Green's recent public statements.

"This meeting has now been confirmed for next Tuesday (August 20). While I understand and appreciate fully the feelings of supporters who have issued a statement calling for action and a resolution this week, I want to assure everyone that the issue will be addressed on Tuesday.

"It was necessary and vitally important that I spend time in London this week meeting Institutional investors along with Finance Director Brian Stockbridge. Because of that and the unavailability of other directors, the Board meeting cannot be held until next week.

"This delay was unavoidable but the Board will sit next week when all the Directors will be in place.

“I believe it is important that we are all in the same room and not on conference calls because this is something we need to address face to face.

"That is exactly what we will do and I can assure everyone that I will, as always, do what I believe is best for the Club."

Basically, he & Stockbridge are too busy courting & cajoling the institutional investors for votes for the upcoming EGM to sort out a mess THEY created & allowed to happen.

Scandalous !!

You can bet your life that they're down there courting the investors at the behest of Green & co (as well as themselves personally obviously) ahead of a possible EGM.

To be frank, it looks as though they're in damage limitation mode now with more interest in protecting their jobs and the proxy board control of Green & co than doing what's best for the club.