As others have said, McColl and Blin are respected business men, but McColl's Rangers credentials are unclear, although Blin is reputed to be a fan. However, P Murray evokes mixed emotions as part of the previous failed board, the unseated BK's and questions over what he actually brings to the table (some would say nothing at all).

Better than the current money grabbing incumbents, doesn't seem to be in doubt; but as Frankie says, we need to know a great deal more about their individual intentions and group plans before rushing to a judgement.

Sorry but at the moment there are only two choices, to put it simply Stockbridge or Blin, whether anyone tells us their plans or not, you have to decide.

Sorry but at the moment there are only two choices, to put it simply Stockbridge or Blin, whether anyone tells us their plans or not, you have to decide.

And you now have Prior's opinion on Mather and Stockbridge too, who seems to be satisfied with their (not exactly Green's) plan for the future, though being somewhat unimpressed with McColl's intentions too.

I would assume that any party / faction will be hesitant to show too much to the public/fans, as it would give their "opponents" advantages for the struggles ahead. As frustrating as it is for us.

I am very sceptical as to whether the McColl backed moves will succeed. Previous experience suggests that they have been slow to move and haven't had to stomach to fight it out. Green and his backers hold the aces here, they have the shares and are under no obligation to relinquish control of them.

Regardless of my scepticism though, my advice to McColl, Murray et al is to keep quiet. The minute they go leaking information to the press, or giving statements to friendly hacks, is the second they undermine their position.

In a perfect world, we as supporters would be the first to be informed of their plans. But Green and Ahmad don't give a monkeys about fan opinion when it comes to getting paid. The more JM and PM are to talk publicly, the more they will be attacked by fans (who are increasingly beleagured and confused) and by Green/Ahmad/Media House.

For me, the best case scenario is for this EGM to take place. Blood letting in public might be undesirable normally, but the alternative is that JM/PM back down and make some sort of compromise, similar to the last EGM requisition. The appointment of Easdale and the removal of Malcolm Murray achieved nothing. Such compromises are just a sticky plaster on a gushing and terminal wound.

Its patently obvious that Green isn't going to accept fair value for his stock. So only from an EGM will we find out if McColl is either the messiah, or a very naughty boy.

I share your doubt Stewarty but am told this time McColl is determined to see it through. Indeed, other more knowledgeable people than me say he wouldn't have broken cover if he wasn't certain of victory.

But we'll see and clearly this victory won't happen overnight.

I share your doubt Stewarty but am told this time McColl is determined to see it through. Indeed, other more knowledgeable people than me say he wouldn't have broken cover if he wasn't certain of victory.

But we'll see and clearly this victory won't happen overnight.

Agreed, but we will at least moves things forward more substantially with the EGM. Unless someone is prepared to buy enough shares to take control, which no-one is likely to do given how much Green and his backers are likely to want for them.

On another note, the issue of shares to Laxey Partners so that they now have almost 5% is a worrying development. A quick google search of Laxey Partners and Alliance Trust sets alarm bells ringing for me. Activist shareholders who have caused all sorts of bother to Alliance Trust in the past few years with only a minority shareholding.

Agreed, but we will at least moves things forward more substantially with the EGM. Unless someone is prepared to buy enough shares to take control, which no-one is likely to do given how much Green and his backers are likely to want for them.

Yeah, I don't think this is about a takeover by McColl but a roadmap to having the club under a more stable/reliable control.

Yeah, I don't think this is about a takeover by McColl but a roadmap to having the club under a more stable/reliable control.

Which in itself is a problem. You only need to look at the likes of Prior coming out and being annoyed about attempts by the likes of McColl to take control, when they reportedly only have a couple of shares between them. I appreciate though that we can't verify their exact shareholdings until individually they go beyond the 3% AIM trigger.

All the while: Green, Ahmad, the Easdales are still involved, still have an influence. We need them all to disappear, and quickly, if we want to gain some stability.

I completely agree that we would all (pretty much) have McColl driving change in an ideal world. However at the moment we are being fed so much spin on all sides we are looking for someone to trust completely.

We want to trust McColl and all we are looking to get fully behind him, but we need something back from him. The reason we need that is his history of reluctance to truly commit to a cause that he claims to be so passionate about. It doesn't stir the masses when the man we want to lift the flag of our cause constantly runs for cover, and plays the passive card.

Passive is the last thing we need at the moment. We need a level of commitment and passion. I'm not necessarily talking cash. I just want someone who is not going to dive for cover this time when (a) he gets too much publicity, (b) the going gets tough in general. We need him to show that he is here for the fight this time otherwise how can we get behind him?

I don't know if this is on the Forum, but it was posted on FF this morning.

Jim and his team are doing their bit as he promised , they need your vote to support this proposal .

Hopefully a proxy is sorted for all those with shares to support them .

The fans 12% will be the tipping point .

Jim has told me directly I assure you all 100%

-----------------------------------------------

No disrespect to you OP, but did Jim ask you to post this on his behalf ?

If he wants our backing why doesn't he come out and say so directly to us ?

--------------------------------------------

He will ask directly soon , before the EGM .

he didn't ask me to post but did say the fans vote will be crucial and ensure the proxys are legaly watertight .