Arthur Boruc

Well if he was blessing the goals.... it bloody worked cause the ball hit both posts in the space of a few seconds!! :P

Im of the same opinion that he does it to wind us up, but it really shouldnt wind anyone up.

Rise against, get behind the team and all the blessing in the world wont save them from a lose. :thup:

lol aye

Del.

To be honest I'm not going to get upset about any religious gestures on the pitch.

BUT I do think it is:

1. I don't know anywhere in the Catholic religion where is says to bless yourself before a game of football. Where is that in the Bible?

2. I'm sure if there is a God he has better things to think about than help a player win a football game - and who does he choose if guys from both teams bless themselves?

3. One of the reasons that religion causes so much trouble is that instead of keeping it private as it should be people seem to insist on publicising their religion.

4. Boruc is pretty much prostituting his religion when he does the cross in front of the Ibrox crowd to wind them up and I'm surprised he wasn't condemned by the Catholic church the first time round.

5. The offended Ibrox crowd are a bunch of hypocrites when they complain about someone publicly demonstrating their religion as what are all those orange and anti pope songs about?

So in conclusion I think fans and players should keep their religion private, and concentrate on the football match.

Well if he was blessing the goals.... it bloody worked cause the ball hit both posts in the space of a few seconds!! :P

Im of the same opinion that he does it to wind us up, but it really shouldnt wind anyone up.

Rise against, get behind the team and all the blessing in the world wont save them from a lose. :thup:

My mate who is a Timmy season ticket holder told me last night that Boruc does it at the start of each half ALL the time. It's not just us he blesses himself against. It's what he does, so what?!?!?!?! :confused:

calscot, your statement ("One of the reasons that religion causes so much trouble is that instead of keeping it private as it should be people seem to insist on publicising their religion.") is itself a a piece of public religious (secularist) evangelism. at least boruc's wasn't telling other people what to do.

Guest The_Rock
find the video

i was in the east enclosure and when he was walking up a said to the uncle he is going to cross himself

Exactly the same here lol , still dident bother me that mutch .