That's a bit off the mark, don't you think. Ian Black the footballer is still Ian Black the footballer and it was only him and a selected few (which you can count on half a hand) that gave the 100% they had during that awefull spell between January and May. And I for one commend him for at least giving the 100% he has rather than 80% of the team who simply did not even reach 50% of their own ability.

As I have said above, not-guilty until proven. It would do well if those who generally dislike him don't use this stuff as another cudgel to club him. For that would show a certain kindergarten mentality.

It does look to be some well orchestrated campaign, as it managed to reach the German Handelsblatt (essentially a city paper) and all of the German tv's teletext sites (who, btw, have him playing for Hearts till June 2013) in no-time. Which is rather strange indeed.

My opinion of black as a footballer is pretty irrelevant in all this mate, I wouldn't worry about it.

Isn't this the same kind of paranoia that we accuse Celtic fans of?

What paranoia? It is a simple fact. Like the SPL board declining a decision on Rangers' newco, like handing that to all SPL clubs, like handing it to their democratic and impartial fans, like pre-judging us guilty on all accounts when we were "simple" victims of a criminal acting on purpose and his own, like kicking us out of the league setup, like imposing an illegal ban and trying to illegally blackmail us into giving up titles with no verdict on the actual case ... sorry, that's not paranoia, but a string of facts that would have e.g. an impartial media a plain battlefield to operate in.

You can get this even further, before our "fall from grace", when they invented Lafferty's Law, which was applied exactly once and instantly, and never therafter (in that way). While at the same time, it took them 3 months and long into the summer to find a verdict on Loovens, who kicked Edu out of the season? If people had the guts and taken these incidents up and looked at them more closely, questions would have been asked a long time ago. But it is one of the major faults of the previous Ibrox regimes and not least the support that they looked on and suffered it (despite furious but effectless board outrages), leading to the state of affairs we have now. What people want is a level playing field for all and no double standards. In Scotland, we have neither amd saying so is not paranoia.

I'm not so sure it's wise to say there isn't a possibility of agendas being involved in this when STV news had Celtic fan Joanne Bonnar breaking scoops on the TV last night which involved confidential information about some of the matches Ian Black had gambled on. She's kinda like STV's ginger minge edition of Pacific Quay's scrote and when someone like that is getting scoops of this nature, the first question you consider is who might her sources be. My guess is the source/s are the same ones from within Ladbrokes who reported Black in the first place or possibly someone else (friend or family) they've told about it. All wildly speculative of course and also probably completely wrong, but paranoid? I think not.

i knew joanne bonnar as a teenager and she had no interest in football. she's certainly from a catholic family.

She definitely has an interest in football now. STV news' very own friend of Snyde and a follower of ra phoops.

Kevin Kyle was superb on this subject on the radio tonight. No doubt it will be up soon. I grant you the voice of that wretched creature Spiers intrudes from time to time, but mostly it is Kyle lambasting the whole culture of gambling in the game; a culture which, he notes, the SFA are happy to embrace when it comes to trophy sponsorship & advertising.

Apart from that, it's worth listening to just to hear Spiers pronounce 'coupon'. I swear he did it with a French accent. One man's complete alienation from the culture he feels qualified to pontificate on summed up in one little word.

Kevin Kyle was superb on this subject on the radio tonight. No doubt it will be up soon. I grant you the voice of that wretched creature Spiers intrudes from time to time, but mostly it is Kyle lambasting the whole culture of gambling in the game; a culture which, he notes, the SFA are happy to embrace when it comes to trophy sponsorship & advertising.

Apart from that, it's worth listening to just to hear Spiers pronounce 'coupon'. I swear he did it with a French accent. One man's complete alienation from the culture he feels qualified to pontificate on summed up in one little word.

That makes for a bit of a double standard. However, advertising bookies to football fans and not wanting people who are in a position to actively influence the process and outcome of matches to bet is no contradiction in my book. It still looks fishy on first sight I agree Andy.

Do you have a link, please?