I actually don't even think Paul Murray is anywhere near as divisive a figure for our support as he often gets made out to be. I've read this thread as well as all the others on here recently and I've read dozens and dozens of threads on both FF & RM in the past couple of weeks and I have to say that from what I'm reading, the majority of supporters online won't have any sort of major problem with Paul Murray returning to the Ibrox boardroom.

The people who don't want him anywhere near the club again and have opinions on him which are so strong they go as far as severe dislike and even hatred are a small minority amongst the overall online support. They might be vocal and make a lot of noise, but they're by no means large enough in numbers to say that Paul Murray causes major divisions.

On top of that, we also need to consider (as always) that the online support is only a fraction of the wider rank and file supporter base and I doubt if there's too many people amongst the non-online, non-forum using supporters who would have anywhere near such strong views about Paul Murray as the anti-"mini" minority display online on certain forums and twitter etc.

If you give most supporters the choice between smart, respectable businessmen who are real Bluenoses and Green & co's current folk on the board, there's simply no choice and only one winner, so the vocal minority can troll forums, troll threads, troll twitter & facebook and try to cause as much disruption & trouble as they like, but they'll never be a majority voice other than when huddled together in a clique.

I actually don't even think Paul Murray is anywhere near as divisive a figure for our support as he often gets made out to be. I've read this thread as well as all the others on here recently and I've read dozens and dozens of threads on both FF & RM in the past couple of weeks and I have to say that from what I'm reading, the majority of supporters online won't have any sort of major problem with Paul Murray returning to the Ibrox boardroom.

The people who don't want him anywhere near the club again and have opinions on him which are so strong they go as far as severe dislike and even hatred are a small minority amongst the overall online support. They might be vocal and make a lot of noise, but they're by no means large enough in numbers to say that Paul Murray causes major divisions.

On top of that, we also need to consider (as always) that the online support is only a fraction of the wider rank and file supporter base and I doubt if there's too many people amongst the non-online, non-forum using supporters who would have anywhere near such strong views about Paul Murray as the anti-"mini" minority display online on certain forums and twitter etc.

If you give most supporters the choice between smart, respectable businessmen who are real Bluenoses and Green & co's current folk on the board, there's simply no choice and only one winner, so the vocal minority can troll forums, troll threads, troll twitter & facebook and try to cause as much disruption & trouble as they like, but they'll never be a majority voice other than when huddled together in a clique.

This is what I was trying to say to STB.......

It says a lot about the mess we're in when I'm not all that bothered about the prospect of Murray re-joining despite the fact that:

A - He was complicit when we spiralled into yet another financial meltdown, to such an extent that that bank had to take control and sort the situation out themselves. A pretty unheard of situation for such a large club.

B - He made several laughable bids for the club, one based on later participation on the Champions League.

C - His 'vision' for the club has frequently been worrying eg mortgaging more ticket sales to Ticketus and increasing our debt to generate money.

But given pretty much every board member we ever seem to have is a snake, welcome aboard. At least if Murray's on board we get Jim McColl, who has a worrying lack of intent to purchase us but should be a custodian that can finally be trusted.

It says a lot about the mess we're in when I'm not all that bothered about the prospect of Murray re-joining despite the fact that:

A - He was complicit when we spiralled into yet another financial meltdown, to such an extent that that bank had to take control and sort the situation out themselves. A pretty unheard of situation for such a large club.

B - He made several laughable bids for the club, one based on later participation on the Champions League.

C - His 'vision' for the club has frequently been worrying eg mortgaging more ticket sales to Ticketus and increasing our debt to generate money.

But given pretty much every board member we ever seem to have is a snake, welcome aboard. At least if Murray's on board we get Jim McColl, who has a worrying lack of intent to purchase us but should be a custodian that can finally be trusted.

your answer to A is misguided. The 2 Bhoys running LBG's Scottish business division at that time were the cause of this IMO. MIH had debts of over £700m and Rangers were around 3% of that yet they seemed more pre-occupied with Rangers £18M DEBT (which AJ was reducing year on year) than the infinitely larger MIH debt. Why was that? surely not because of their Sellik allegiance? I'm sure the police investigations & the Insolvency Service will be interested to find out why LBG were so keen to get this debt cleared to such an extent they put Rangers into the ownership of a fraudster

We were a mess financially until Lloyds sorted things out. Your paranoid gibberish will not hide this fact.

Possibly they took a hard line because they could see us going back to our previous debts of nigh on £80m.

Do you have evidence to show that we were reducing our debt year on year prior to their involvement?