dressing room split

now, like most sensible bears, i believe this largely to be a media concotion. sifting through it for the facts isn't the easiest of tasks, and with the media its very often the case that there is somehow smoke without fire.

i think this is what we do know though:

1. plg made a comment about captains playing a lesser role on the continent

2. barry wasnt happy with that comment

3. (apparently) the foreign players didnt travel to the christmas night out

anyone know any more concrete information?

now, like most sensible bears, i believe this largely to be a media concotion. sifting through it for the facts isn't the easiest of tasks, and with the media its very often the case that there is somehow smoke without fire.

i think this is what we do know though:

1. plg made a comment about captains playing a lesser role on the continent

2. barry wasnt happy with that comment

3. (apparently) the foreign players didnt travel to the christmas night out

anyone know any more concrete information?

The mhedia is trying to drive a split ..imo nothing in this... see all the players run right over to the dug out! bollocks imo

Del.

The mhedia is trying to drive a split ..imo nothing in this... see all the players run right over to the dug out! bollocks imo

Del.

My thoughts exactly

We are beginning to gel as a team and the press hate the fact the fans have not turned on PLG...

My thoughts exactly

We are beginning to gel as a team and the press hate the fact the fans have not turned on PLG...

Spot on mate,the fact that we are improving and backing the team and manager annoys some people,we'll be back :thup:

also thought the media were pushing the plg vs boyd "rift" as well...

and there was a distinct lack of the quote from boyd that said something to the effect of I'm a rangers fan, and i'm here for life if im good enough and keep banging the goals in!

its very difficult to avoid what the papers say sadly :(

i dont think it helps that le guen has a very different style of dealing with the media than previous managers, which almost makes it easier to do this sort of thing.

The papers are miffed because PLG gives them so little in terms of quotes, insight etc. When he's asked about Fergie and Boyd etc he just flatlines them with the 'I dont want to talk about that' type of attitude which just annoys lazy arsed journos even more that they would be normally and they then create stories out of nothing.

I've lost count of the number of times that anyone from Rangers gets quoted one day and then re-quoted about 50 times over the course of the next fortnight. The reason? Well, as I say above - they've got nothing to go on.

As I type this I'm beginning to wonder. Is this because PLG doesn't like people questioning his management or is this a deliberate ploy by the club to give the previously mentioned lazy arsed hacks absolutely nothing to go on because all they do is print tripe?

I don't particularly like or hate many of my colleagues but i am proffesional enough to get the job done. Sitting in a pub with them kidding on i'm enjoying their company goes too far for me though so i tend not to go to work nights out.

The ironic thing is that the journo's are writing for us. If PLG keeps them in the dark, he also keeps us in the dark which is very frustrating.

When PLG first came, I hung on his every word, now I'm not bothered at all as he's about as forthcoming as Johnny Tightlips.

It's definitely not the language, and I'd like to know what he was like on Canal+ because at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he was the least insightful pundit of all time.

He's so bad that I prefer to listen to Gordan Strachan, and at least Ivanauskis is amusing if unintentionally so.

John Collins is a model interviewee and I'm impressed with his straight talking.