EGM requisition - deadline extended

Guest kenjay
I'd be surprised - no astonished - if the legalities weren't in order. Really would be a schoolboy error...

I wouldn't be. Arrogance has a tendency to overlook minor details like legalities.

You are right to the extent that all the directors have to stand for re-election and presumably other nominations could be made given due notice.

I think I am correct in saying that at the time the requisition was submitted there had been no indication of an imminent AGM; so the EGM may indeed be redundant.

I'm not sure when we were obliged to hold the AGM, but I assume it's a yearly event given it's name. If anything, the requisition has brought the AGM forward and given it a semi-solid date, so it's already served it's purpose in a way.

"The Board, which is determined not to incur unnecessary cost for the Club, has therefore secured an extension to the written commitment from the Requisitioners to withdraw potentially the Requisition pending agreement as stated above. If no agreement is reached by the close of business on 30 August 2013, the Board will be required to send notice to shareholders to convene the General Meeting by no later than 5 September 2013."

So when will we know?

"The Board, which is determined not to incur unnecessary cost for the Club, has therefore secured an extension to the written commitment from the Requisitioners to withdraw potentially the Requisition pending agreement as stated above. If no agreement is reached by the close of business on 30 August 2013, the Board will be required to send notice to shareholders to convene the General Meeting by no later than 5 September 2013."

So when will we know?

Someone burning the midnight oil perhaps?

Does the Stock Exchange have to be informed first ?

Yes, I think so, but we should have heard something by now. Can only assume they've decided to leave an announcement till Monday.