Dave King has reached a full and final settlement with the SA tax authorities

So what is the amount - £44 million or £546,000?

Both. He's got smaller amounts to pay in fines and the larger amount is what he's agreed to pay them overall and what they will eventually recover from him.

IMO King will be the next owner. The end game has begun.

King has stated before that he doesn't want that. He has always been a genuine true blue who just wants a say in how the Club is run, and more importantly for me, to put some of his cash into seeing a better product on the park, without some 'chancer' making money out of his investment. If McColl gets the outcome he wants then I have no doubt King will emerge, but if it remains the status quo I don't see DK being a big player (unfortunate as I think that would be).

If DK does emerge as a key player, I for one will sleep comfortably.

i susupect king may be our next owner or major shareholder but him and mccoll don't seem to be working together.

they may not appear to be working together publicly but privately I suspect they are. I believe they must be acquainted with one another.

They're both around the same age &I believe their backgrounds must have crossed while both worked at Weirs in the 1970's before King went to SA around 1976. Their successful careers since then are, of course, well known.

i susupect king may be our next owner or major shareholder but him and mccoll don't seem to be working together.

I'm going to disagree with you on that one on a technicality GS. You are right in that they are not working together - just yet. However they are in correspondence over current events, and I don't think it would take too much to bring King on board. What better way for McColl to bring investors on side by selling the fact that he has someone in the 'team' with a proven record of ploughing serious cash into the Club?

And that’s the reason King will go his own way rather than support a requisition by two men and cohort Frank Blin for a highly divisive Extra General Meeting.

A Rangers director for 12 years, 58-year-old King scans the current boardroom and agrees a new business plan is required. Fearful of a fresh insolvency event, however, he says Rangers have a more pressing need. For cash; and plenty of it.

'I’m not involved with the other group in any way,' he insists.

'Paul Murray’s position at this point in time is to try and restore some good governance to the club.

'But I don’t get any sense that Paul or Jim McColl are in a position to or are willing to put substantial funds into the club.

'What I am really interested in are people who are not just concerned by governance. I’m interested in people who see the club struggling and want to make a meaningful difference.

'There is no point in having another change of control if we still continue with the same funding problems.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2386601/Dave-King-focused-Rangers-investment-Charles-Green-return.html#ixzz2dOhr1fKE

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook