The same football club whose Financial Director would divulge his club's financial status to a journalist from The Sun.

They don't even agree with some of the figures.

Also, instead of producing a 'mini report' on the JG email, why not just ask Jack Irvine, simple.

I believe that Craig Mather is a genuine person and that he is doing his best.

But learning on the job, simply isn't good enough for Rangers and it is abundantly clear that he is not strong enough to stand up to the Board in certain situations e.g. Green coming back and Media House, so he has to find implausible excuses for both. Also handing the security contract to a company run by Green/Stockdale is not bringing it in house, it is a conflict of interest.

I am sorry to say that I don't think he is up to the job.

Give you a quick back-of-a-fag-packet summation: £22m raised at Initial Public Offering [iPO], season tickets sales for last season circa £10m gross, that's £8m net of Vat, so you have £30m. A club of this size and stature had running costs when it was acquired of over £3m a month. If you do the maths that is £36m and we have taken in £30m, so there is a deficit there.

This makes absolutely no sense at all to me. He's implying 8m of season tickets are our only income and our expenditure is 36m. With the 22m IPO, we are still short 6m.

So what about next year with no IPO? He is effectively saying that we will make a £28m shortfall! (Minus a million or two in cuts.)

This is just rubbish even to a layman. Share issues should not be needed for normal operating expenditure as it means you need one every year. Season tickets are also not the only income.

Before the meltdown we were bringing in over £36m a year with about a £20m wage bill and still paying off our debts at a couple of million a year, plus paying transfer fees. We're earning nothing from UEFA and TV and less from sponsorship but that should be pretty much covered in the £15m drop in the wage bill.

If this is how he really thinks then to me he's not qualified to run the club. Not impressed.

Did you have a relationship with Charles pre-dating Rangers?

''No, I didn't know any of them.''

Really Craig?

"I met Charles Green a while ago and we have a few common contacts," said Mather. "He put the idea to me, and I've always been a lover of football.

"I've been to a number of the Old Firm clashes and I remember going there as a younger boy and having goosebumps listening to the roar, and I couldn't imagine that it would never happen again.

"That was how it started. I had various meeting with Charles and the team and had a look at the facilities at Murray Park - and it went from there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18893159

I am not sure the above contradicts what he said.

"pre-dating Rangers" can easily be construed as being when the opportunity to invest in Rangers came up.

Common contacts doesnt mean they knew each other either.

The same football club whose Financial Director would divulge his club's financial status to a journalist from The Sun.

This concerns me far more than the interview....

The club is an AIM company, which makes it publicly listed. Giving the financial status of the club to a journalist is technically priviledged information - information that technically should be disseminated to all shareholders and interested parties at the same time - this is the reason public companies have quarterly conference calls where shareholder, journalists, analysts etc would call in and receive the quarterly update from the CEO, COO and CFO.

If Stockbridge did this he should be reprimanded. It isnt appropriate.

This concerns me far more than the interview....

The club is an AIM company, which makes it publicly listed. Giving the financial status of the club to a journalist is technically priviledged information - information that technically should be disseminated to all shareholders and interested parties at the same time - this is the reason public companies have quarterly conference calls where shareholder, journalists, analysts etc would call in and receive the quarterly update from the CEO, COO and CFO.

If Stockbridge did this he should be reprimanded. It isnt appropriate.

"he should be reprimanded"

We are assuming there is a code of discipline, applicably both to the individual and collectively.

I have an idea for reality TV. Six, twelve, several dozen individuals(the number is arbitrary) are placed in the Ibrox Boardroom with the mission, 'find evidence of discipline'. It should be noted that these individuals are NOT archaeologists. Any classicists among those participating will recognise the similarities with the trials of Sisyphus.