Nicky Ready For Action

Friday, 30 August 2013 12:44

Nicky Ready For Action

Written by Neil Smith

NICKY CLARK hopes he can kickstart his Rangers career tomorrow as he returns to Ally McCoist plans for East Fife’s visit to Ibrox Stadium.

The striker is keeping his fingers crossed he can make his competitive debut for his new club and that he can also net his first goal in a Light Blue jersey against Willie Aitchison’s men.

Nicky Law and Jon Daly have now played in three league fixtures each meaning McCoist can only pick Clark and goalkeeper Cammy Bell from his eight new signings for this weekend’s League One showdown.

Former Queen of the South star Nicky came up against East Fife four times last season in SFL2, scoring three goals, and by the end of the campaign he had bagged 41 in all competitions. Now he is looking to continue this impressive form with Rangers.

Speaking at Murray Park today Clark said: “I can’t wait. It’s been a long month just training every day and not really getting anything at the end of it. So I’m really looking forward to getting going again.

“It has been frustrating, especially on a Saturday morning when you are in training and the other boys are getting ready for a game. But now is my chance and hopefully I can do well.

“I felt as though I did well against Newcastle, against a lot of really good international players. But it wasn’t just me, I thought the team overall was really good that night and they’ve continued that.

“We’ve obviously won all our league games so far, quite comfortably as well. We had one upset in the League Cup but apart from that we’re looking good.

“It’s up to me now to go in there and do my best and hopefully I can get a couple of goals although East Fife will be a good side.

"Every team that comes up against Rangers raise their game by 10-15 per cent so it will be hard but if we can get an early goal I'm sure we can push on and get the win."

This article is from the official Rangers site - http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4937-nicky-ready-for-action

Friday, 30 August 2013 13:49

Always Looking To Improve

Written by Neil Smith

NICKY CLARK believes that working with senior strikers at Rangers such as Jon Daly will only help him improve and develop as a player.

Clark, who is still just 22, is hoping to make his competitive debut for the Light Blues at Ibrox tomorrow when Willie Aitchison’s East Fife travel to the stadium for a League One showdown.

Having scored 41 goals in all competitions for Queen of the South in SFL2 last season Nicky has had to wait patiently for his chance to play in 2013/14 because of Rangers’ transfer embargo which will finally be lifted on Sunday.

He admits the past five weeks have been tough but during this period he has been working hard in training at Murray Park and taking on board words of advice from his new team-mates including Daly.

Clark is a big admirer of the towering hitman and is looking forward to getting the chance to play alongside him next month.

He said: “Jon has got loads of experience, he played in the SPL for a long time so I can learn a lot from him both in training and in games.

“Just listening to him and the points he makes has been really good for me and I was delighted to see him get his two goals against Airdrie recently.

“He does a lot of work for the team, winning high balls and holding the ball up for others and bringing them into play.

“He wins a lot of flick ons and you can see that in training and in games. So if I can get on the end of them hopefully I can get a few goals and I can create a few for him as well.

“As I said he took his two goals against Airdrie really well but I’m sure he’ll go on to score a lot more.”

This article is from the official Rangers site - http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4940-always-looking-to-improve

"It has been frustrating, especially on a Saturday morning when you are in training "

Is this a sign of Henry's new training regime ??

No - just the lads who can't play will train.

The actual match-day squad may have a very light session but that's doubtful.

No - just the lads who can't play will train.

The actual match-day squad may have a very light session but that's doubtful.

I didnt expect the match day squad to be training at all.....

I guess my point is more..... has this always been the case that those in match day squads still train ?

Last season it seemed as if our squad was training half days for about 3 days a week.... now I read they are training on a Saturday if they arent in the match day squad.

Not sure - players may be left to their own devices. Some may choose to train, some may not.

The matchday squad are unlikely to do much - may just depend on where they stay etc. Possibly a stroll in the morning after breakfast but then rest, lunch and travel.