Possibly one in, two out in January.

Svensson should be the one winning the balls in the air, though I do admit that Hemdani lacks a certain something when it comes to power in the air.

Why is Hemdani exonerated from blame in the air?

What a ridiculous post. Both centre backs have to win the ball in the air and the only one doing that is Svensson.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You can't just say "oh cz Hemdani can pass a nice ball is doesn't need to win any headers."

Nobody will have told this to out opposition, who wont play a ball in the air to the man Hemdani is marking. :confused:

Absolutely bemused by this current trend in Rangers fans of thinking only one centre back has to be able to head the ball.

Why is Hemdani exonerated from blame in the air?

What a ridiculous post. Both centre backs have to win the ball in the air and the only one doing that is Svensson.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You can't just say "oh cz Hemdani can pass a nice ball is doesn't need to win any headers."

Nobody will have told this to out opposition, who wont play a ball in the air to the man Hemdani is marking. :confused:

Absolutely bemused by this current trend in Rangers fans of thinking only one centre back has to be able to head the ball.

Of course no one is exorinated from blame but in the system we are playing where Hemdani is almost playing as sweeper the main job for Svensson is to win the aerial battles. That of course does not mean that hemdani can wash his hands of any aerial duels but all the high punts up the park should be met by the head of Svensson with Hemdani mopping up any knock-on's.

Of course no one is exorinated from blame but in the system we are playing where Hemdani is almost playing as sweeper the main job for Svensson is to win the aerial battles. That of course does not mean that hemdani can wash his hands of any aerial duels but all the high punts up the park should be met by the head of Svensson with Hemdani mopping up any knock-on's.

Sorry still balls. Sweeper with only 1 other CB?

What if the opposition decide to play to an area where Svensson is not because he is marking one of the other attackers? Perhaps we should ask the other SPL teams to only play high balls to the man Svensson is marking, then we can start talking this nonsense.

You cannot right off the fact that Hemdani will lose 100% of headers because he passes well.

In a 4-4-2 both CB's have to be good in the air. Hemdani cannot dodge his responsibility. I know he is playing out of position and that is why we need a new CB.

I think Svensson has improved a lot over the last couple of games, but ironically that improvement has highlighted that Hemdani is pretty useless in the air. Hemdani is obviously skillful and could flourish playing as a sweeper somewhere in a league where you get more time on the ball. Unfortunately that's never going to happen in the SPL.

I have lost this. We play 4-4-2. The opposition have two strikers. Who the fuck are the two other defenders marking or is there someone that dosn't need to mark at the back. The idea in a 4-4-2 in my opinion is that you defend with three men and have one free at all times to mop up(not always the sweeper). Or do we say to the midfielders, och we only have two up here let a few of your players run through,the midfield don't need to mark.

Your tactics have got me guy's.:confused:

Depends if you play zonal or man marking.

4 defenders suggests the CBs pick up the two strikers with the full backs marking the two wide midfielders/wingers. Then central midfielders picking up their opposite numbers?

TBH I've not really heard that system where you only mark with a few of your defenders leaving one spare, apart from the sweeper system. Zonal or man marking and if its man marking then you might see some defenders pulled out of position a bit more than with zonal.

One centre back on his own can't be expected to deal with high balls or you'd have him crossing over to the area that's naturally being covered by the other centre back. If that was the case he'd be pulled all over the field and you'd struggle to cover for him.

TBH I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to say, I think I've missed something somewhere.

Depends if you play zonal or man marking.

4 defenders suggests the CBs pick up the two strikers with the full backs marking the two wide midfielders/wingers. Then central midfielders picking up their opposite numbers?

TBH I've not really heard that system where you only mark with a few of your defenders leaving one spare, apart from the sweeper system. Zonal or man marking and if its man marking then you might see some defenders pulled out of position a bit more than with zonal.

One centre back on his own can't be expected to deal with high balls or you'd have him crossing over to the area that's naturally being covered by the other centre back. If that was the case he'd be pulled all over the field and you'd struggle to cover for him.

TBH I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to say, I think I've missed something somewhere.

Can i ask what the two wide midfielders are doing in your system if the backs need to mark the wide wingers|midfielders.:confused: You have got them doing nothing. Where i learned football the back 4 is like an accordian all four move to cover each other it is not a case of two guys stuck out wide and two in the middle. If you have 4 against 2 then there is always a player free in my view.

So Pete Svensson and the FB's have to defend, as do the four midfielders, but Hemdani can stand around scratching his arse in case the ball breaks loose or one of the other doesn't do their job? :confused:

You're right. The team needs to defend as a whole. From the defence through to the attack. But this includes Hemdani and imo in a 4-4-2 there is no place for a "sweeping" role.

Go simple. Two upfront, have the two CB's pick 'em up.

I still fail to understand this need for staunch defence of Hemdani's inability to play as a CB yet other players who do their job and do it well can't slaughtered.

(Disclaimer I know Hemdai is just playing where the manager asks hime too, but persisting with him at CB will cost us points.)

I think what this comes down to is should Hemdani be allowed to not be good in the air - in my opinion when our back 4 consists of Smith, Hemdani, Svensson and Hutton the only one that could consistently win aerial battles is Svensson (and even then he isn't too convincing) - one out of 4 in the SPL where oftentimes the ball is played long and in the air simply isn't enough.

Mike is right in my opinion - if Hemdani is told "you are shit in the air so leave that to Svensson" then Svensson ends up covering two CB positions whilst Hemdani would have to move around to cover the position Svensson just left - and this looks to me like it creates more problems than it solves if up against decent opposition.

It SHOULD be the case that Hemdani is a stop-gap back there - here is hoping PLG can find that aerially dominant CB who can pass the ball and read the game perfectly - we can but hope right ?

So Pete Svensson and the FB's have to defend, as do the four midfielders, but Hemdani can stand around scratching his arse in case the ball breaks loose or one of the other doesn't do their job? :confused:

You're right. The team needs to defend as a whole. From the defence through to the attack. But this includes Hemdani and imo in a 4-4-2 there is no place for a "sweeping" role.

Go simple. Two upfront, have the two CB's pick 'em up.

I still fail to understand this need for staunch defence of Hemdani's inability to play as a CB yet other players who do their job and do it well can't slaughtered.

(Disclaimer I know Hemdai is just playing where the manager asks hime too, but persisting with him at CB will cost us points.)

The two centre backs picking up the two strikers means we are going one on one every ball surely that is russian roulette. Sorry mate i have only seen teams going one on one if they are pushing for a equaliser or winner if needed. I see it as one of the centre backs needs to cover all defenders. You can play zone as you say and the right centreback covers right and left covers left. The other option is what we have now done is Svensson marking and Hemdani sweeping left and right. For me that is pretty normal but it is only the basic setup there will be times that Hemdani has to mark the CF and that is maybe when it can go wrong.