My first visit to the piggery was as a very young lad in the late 60's to watch Rangers bt C**t* 4-2 in a league match in which Willie Johnston scored a double, my 2nd game was against Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup sf the same season, me and my pal lived just along the road in the Gallowgate and got a lift over, It was around this time that made my mind up who my favourite player was.

Rangers won 6-1 with Bud netting three, Jim Forrest scored for the sheep btw.

I've not been to that ground for a long time, but if we reach the final I'll go...I don't expect anyone to lift me over though.

I'm pretty sure for the ground being used, they will be paid x amount of a fee whether 60000 turn up or 6000 so to be honest if we make it there i think it would rile them up a shit ton more if we were to sell out their gorund when they can't even manage it for a vital champions league quali.

Of course if they get a cut of the tickets i would change my opinion.

Rangers played League Cup Finals at Celtic Park in 1994, 1997 and 1999 winning them all against Hibs (2-1) , Hearts (4-3) and St Johnstone (2-1).

Celtic played League Cup Finals at Ibrox in 1995 (losing to Raith Rovers on penalties after a 2-2) and beating Dundee Utd 3-0 in 1998.

Rangers beat Aberdeen 2-1 at Celtic Park in the 1992 Scottish Cup Final and lost to 2-1 to Hearts in the 1998 Final.

I'm sorry but I don't see the issue here.

We have a good record in Cup Finals at Celtic Park and all the better to win a final there in my opinion.

They will get a fee for the use of the ground as we would in reverse, so what.

Surely the most important thing is to win the Cup, not where the final is played.

My first visit to the piggery was as a very young lad in the late 60's to watch Rangers bt C**t* 4-2 in a league match in which Willie Johnston scored a double, my 2nd game was against Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup sf the same season, me and my pal lived just along the road in the Gallowgate and got a lift over, It was around this time that made my mind up who my favourite player was.

Rangers won 6-1 with Bud netting three, Jim Forrest scored for the sheep btw.

I've not been to that ground for a long time, but if we reach the final I'll go...I don't expect anyone to lift me over though.

Boy does that bring back memories. I was a young lad at the time and I was allowed to sit on the wall at track side. One memory I have of that game is the singing of the Rangers support, which was spine tingling. Do you remember in those days they used to sell glossy posters of players (cant remember if they came with newspapers) which were all rolled up in what looked like long white tubes? The poster on sale that day must have been popular because when the Rangers end started singing "We are the People" all I remember is nearly every arm in the air with what looked like a long white baton. It's hard to describe but to a young kid it looked immense.

[bTW '54' all my family came from the Gallowgate and nearby. My uncle lived above Terry's the tattoo place at the bottom of Bluevale Street. We lived down Orr Street\Forbes Street, heading towards the ABC picture hall at Bridgeton Cross, but we were always up on the Gallowgate. We used to get sent into wee Johnny Ionta's barbers for a 'Perry Como' haircut. :cool4:]