Frankie, Phil 3Names couldn't have done a better hatchet job on the club than Irvine did in that interview. Rangers man? I don't buy it.

Irvine is an Irvine man. No more, no less. He'll only care about Rangers (or more accurately his clients) as long as they have the money to pay him. That's why I'm still stunned at this OG. Doesn't make sense.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeelll........there is always the lurking, paranoid feeling that Whyte was a front for a Tim takeover of the club, and we've been controlled by enemy forces from within ever since....don't like to say it out loud, but, you know.......I'm struggling for another explanation as things just get worse and worse.

Put it this way, if you were a Tim and in control of Rangers, you could not have done a better job of screwing the club than the people who have been in situ have done over the last 2-3 years.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeelll........there is always the lurking, paranoid feeling that Whyte was a front for a Tim takeover of the club, and we've been controlled by enemy forces from within ever since....don't like to say it out loud, but, you know.......I'm struggling for another explanation as things just get worse and worse.

Put it this way, if you were a Tim and in control of Rangers, you could not have done a better job of screwing the club than the people who have been in situ have done over the last 2-3 years.

The sad thing is, while it sure will be deemed paranoid by some, it makes sense. It will probably need some chaps of the ICF to get the required answers though ...

It's very hard to comprehend the wilder theories in any serious way, but at the same time, I find it almost impossible to reconcile the coincidence of our club being taken over by a Whyte followed by a Green. The chances of Rangers being taken over by people with those names is akin to getting 5 numbers up in the National Lottery.

I have long thought this but always put it down to my paranoia. But since we were left at the mercy of the Wolves or "market forces" i'm not to sure now. It's been the perfect storm for far too long for it to be just a series of unfortunate circumstances, it appears contrived now.

He went to Scotzine to promote the current board, he will have known Scotzine's stance on Rangers.

But in giving the interview to Scotzine it gives Scotzine something they crave "mainstream credibility" now we are all talking about Scotzine.

In return perhaps Media House offered an exclusive or an interview in the hope they will give them more favorable reporting on the board in the future all part of the spin in my view

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

Again, I disagree.

From a cursory look across the main forums, MH clearly have people running interference on some issues and have done for years - certainly since the Whyte 'era'. All information will be fed back to the high heid yins so I'd be astonished if they weren't aware of Scotzine's anti-Rangers outlook.

Juxtapose this interview with the recent comments about McConville and, indeed, the answer to one interview question about influential bloggers during the Whyte debacle then Irvine is telegraphing his mockery. Ignorance may well be a valid excuse from time to time, but not in this case. No way.

Well if it is strategic it baffles the hell out of me what strategy is being followed. I think we're sometimes guilty of looking for greater meaning and confusing strategy with stupidity. Irvine's 65, he's an 'old school' newspaper man, I think he relied heavily on others in the recent past, for some reason he's doing it himself just now and struggling. The landscape is so different and I'm not sure he recognises it yet.

I've absolutely nothing to back that up mind you.

So why give an interview to an internet outlet, when he plainly has a direct line to The Sun?

I don't know. He's become much more vocal on Twitter of late when for a long time his account said almost nothing. I'm guessing he's finally trying to become involved in the internet landscape and is doing it very badly. As for the Sun I don't think they'd publish an interview with Irvine that read like a simple Q&A like Scotzine did. The Sun would need to frame it in more critical terms, they can't be publicly seen to be his mouthpiece even if privately they are.