http://sport.stv.tv/football/238344-celtic-chief-executive-peter-lawwell-appointed-to-board-of-scottish-fa/

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has been appointed to the board of the Scottish Football Association.

The 54-year-old has been nominated as the representative of the Professional Game Board, which contributes to the running of football in Scotland.

Lawwell joins the Scottish FA's chief Executive Stewart Regan, president Campbell Ogilvie, Alan McRae, Rod Petrie and Barrie Jackson on the board.

<shrug>

Just shows you how much substance there was to other clubs' when they bleated about Old Firm dominance.

A once in a lifetime chance to break the OF power base and they merely grovel before the one remaining half with any clout.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. They deserve all the will get, which will be the crumbs from celtc's table.

<shrug>

Just shows you how much substance there was to other clubs' when they bleated about Old Firm dominance.

A once in a lifetime chance to break the OF power base and they merely grovel before the one remaining half with any clout.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. They deserve all the will get, which will be the crumbs from celtc's table.

This was all they were ever going to get from the day they voted Rangers out of the SPL.

We all know he runs the show anyway so dont see the big deal to be honest

Yep, he's been running the show since Whyte came to Ibrox and systematically dismantled our board of directors. From that point on we've had no real representation at the top tables.

This was inevitable when Ralph Topping stepped down form the SPL.

The composition of the SFA Board was: the Office Bearers (Stewart Regan, Chief Executive; Campbell Ogilvie, President; Alan McRae, First Vice-President, and Rod Petrie, Second Vice-President), plus Ralph Topping (SPL), Tom Johnston (Junior FA) and Barrie Jackson, the Scottish FA’s first-ever independent non-executive director.

The composition of the Professional Game Board was: Jim Ballantyne (SFL), Neil Doncaster (SPL), Peter Lawwell (SPL), David Longmuir (SFL), Alan McRae (Scottish FA), Campbell Ogilvie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Sandy Stables (SHFL) and Ralph Topping (SPL).

So 4 people sat on both Boards, not a very good governance model one might suggest.

As things stand now with the SFL gone, the SPFL Board consists of Steven Thompson of Dundee Utd, Eric Riley of Celtic, Aberdeen’s Duncan Fraser, Les Gray from Hamilton, Mike Mulraney of Cowdenbeath and Bill Darroch of Stenhousemuir plus CEO Neil Doncaster.

From memory, there is a caveat in the SFA Rules about how they would deal with a change in the league structure but I would think that at least one if not two of the new SPFL Board will be elected to the PGB; and my guess is that Riley and Thomson will be the top candidates, perhaps joined by one of the lower divison reps.

Quite why the other clubs think that having two represenatives from one club in the top echelons of power is appropriate is beyond my comprehension but that is the state of play that we have to live with.

Oh they can see it alright. What choice do they have?

His implications are that he'll keep them afloat by buying a player here and there and losing the odd game to them to keep their fans interested. They will get what is apparently a bigger piece of the Scottish TV revenue, because Celtic will be feeding exclusively on European TV revenues.

It's just a question of time before they decide that his arrogance is every bit as unpalatable as was SDM's.

Liewell will do nothing for Scottish football. His first & only priority will be to look after Septic's interests. I'm astounded no one else can see this

No doubt about it. He must be laughing his head off in private. Liewell has the whole thing sown up and the only club that will benefit will be his.

I don't have the words to express how I feel, sorry.

So I will have to go with clusterfuck of a corrupt cabal for now. I'm working on it though.