This is something that I have thought about posting for a while. It is not an accusation as I don't know the answer but have been wondering about it recently. In April, it was announced that Craig Mather had been appointed as permanent Chief Operating Officer and interim Chief Executive Officer. When it was announced that he had been appointed permanent CEO, no mention was made of the other post and I've heard nothing since. Anyone got any ideas?

Was he not appointed as Chief Operating Officer of Auchenhowie? Not sure if it makes much of a difference.

No, it was of the company I believe. It would make a difference if he was getting paid for doing both (I'm not saying he is).

Edit - here it is.

A statement to the Stock Exchange confirmed: ``Rangers announces that the Board has appointed Craig Mather, aged 42, to the role of Chief Operating Officer for the Group. In addition, Craig will act as interim Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Board as the interim Chief Executive Officer.

``In the meanwhile the search for a permanent replacement for Charles Green will continue and a further announcement will be made as appropriate.''

He replaces Green, who became chief executive of Rangers last summer when his consortium purchased the business and assets for £5.5million after the club was consigned to liquidation following a period of administration.

Green announced on Friday he would be stepping down from the role amid claims by former owner Craig Whyte - who was at the helm when administrators were called in - that he was involved in the Green consortium's acquisition of Rangers.

Edited by plgsarmy

No idea about this, but it's an interesting anomaly. Not surprising right enough, since there were some odd things happened with Ahmad's job title's too and IIRC one minute he was on the board, then the next minute he wasn't.

The question is, will he lifting a wage for both positions?

The reason I wondered that was that he was originally supposed to have been on £500K and then it changed to £300K. He got these jobs not on merit but because he paid £1 for his shares prior to the IPO when it was initially going to be about £1.25 in the IPO. When it turned out to be only 70p the money had to be made up somehow.