Sandy Easdale appointed a director of the football club

The way I see it is they seem to be buying up shares and making themselves entitled to representation on the board, if there's much better than them out there can they not do it instead?

The way I see it is that their current shareholding in itself doesn't warrant one place on the board, never mind two. Better than them in what way? There's plenty better directors out there, I'm sure. However there's apparently nobody else willing to put their money where their mouth is and buy shares other than the Easdales, and I'm sure their shareholding will only continue to grow.

The way I see it is that their current shareholding in itself doesn't warrant one place on the board, never mind two. Better than them in what way? There's plenty better directors out there, I'm sure. However there's apparently nobody else willing to put their money where their mouth is and buy shares other than the Easdales, and I'm sure their shareholding will only continue to grow.

Better out there willing to put the money up I mean, should have been clearer.

Apparently even Paul Murray was saying they're entitled to board representation, but i'm no expert on these matters.

what happens with the shares that weren't taken up at the IPO?

They were taken off the market. Unsure of the exact legalities but I think they can be released again under a rights issue. Maybe the more informed bears will correct me?

They were taken off the market. Unsure of the exact legalities but I think they can be released again under a rights issue. Maybe the more informed bears will correct me?

Pretty sure they can be issued by the Directors,

I expect there will be a resolution at the AGM that grants the Directors the authority to allot the unissued shares for cash, it's a pretty standard standard resolution as is the right for a company to buy its' own shares then cancel them.

One to watch for however may an attempt to get authority to disallow pre-emption rights a useful tool to manipulate shareholdings to certain shareholders favour and the detriment of others i.e the little shareholders (fans) get screwed over, think this requires at least 75% of the votes to carry though.