I think people have looked at my post and and saw the Jig comment without looking at the wider points in the post ie players out of position.

Jig should start, my point was he shouldn't start at CH. strikers are form players, when they're hot you play them ergo Jig should start where he is best utilised.

Just as McAusland, or Foster should start at RB as that is their slot, not pushing a CH into that position.

We have over 30 players, is there ANY reason to play anyone in a position they were bought for?

The manager has a formation & style he wants to play, surely you play the players that best fill a particular role.

Thought Faure had a poor game yesterday

Faure received a lot of criticism last season when playing at RB, but has received praise when playing at CH (his proper position) The man is not a RB and should only play there in emergencies - not when your recently signed RB is sitting on the bench.

He moved 2 players out of 4 defenders either out of position or out of the team in order to accommodate jig. Whether you dislike the term or not, it IS shoe-horsing.

As the person to first mention shoe-horinng I take offense at being called lazy, childish or immature.

What is immature is having to try to turn the debate away from your inaccurate statement that because jig scored a hat trick it automatically meant that he wasn't shoe-horned, and suggesting I at humble pie.

Your argument was exposed as inaccurate and you have resorted to name-calling in order to defend your own position. It reeks of hypocrisy when you began others for name-calling.

I respect much of your posting but you are not only way off target on this one but also coming across as being arrogant too.

Each to their own I suppose.

You may have been the first to mention it on this thread but it's been used on our fans websites for about 18months at least.

Like the other example I used people latch on to these derisive terms as a fashionable way to bash payers they don't like. It's is far easier and lazier to type jig was shoehorned in than to discuss the fact that the manager sees him as his no. 1 or 2 first choice centre back. Whether the manager is correct to hold this view from a footballing pov is up for debate. But I'm sorry I have no time for the view that the manager selects McCulloch for some sort of emotional or non-footballing reason.

I will give the manager the respect that he picks what he believe is the best team for the game. Yes he will get it wrong but he makes his choices based on his knowledge of football and not because he is desperate to shoehorn best bud Jig into his starting line up.