Horrible, backwards, juvenile rubbish.

Unlikely to win me many friends but I'm past caring. How I wish the element of Bears who like this crap would find some other club or team or something to cling onto and let Rangers get on with life in the 21st century, instead of manacling it to the 17th.

While Scotland goes backwards to the 17th century. I could agree with your sentiments but did you see that march yesterday and the ones who attended.

It really is frightening where this Country could go.

Horrible, backwards, juvenile rubbish.

Unlikely to win me many friends but I'm past caring. How I wish the element of Bears who like this crap would find some other club or team or something to cling onto and let Rangers get on with life in the 21st century, instead of manacling it to the 17th.

I'm not convinced that there is an organised conspiracy against Rangers, but I know from personal experience that a lot of people from a "Celtic minded" background, do find it very difficult to be objective when it comes to anything to do with Rangers.

A wee snippet from this week's Hamilton Advertiser.

St Bride's Celebrations.

Ceremonial Knights and Dames of the Scottish Lieutenancy of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem gathered from throughout Scotland and welcomed a new leader during a special mass at St Bride's RC Church in Bothwell.

Archbishop Emeritus Mario Conti the new grand prior of the Scottish Lieutenancy, and Bishop Joseph Toal, apostolic administrator of the Diocese of Motherwell, led the celebrations as Titchie Greig was installed as the new Lieutenant of the Holy Sepulchre for Scotland.

He took over from SHERIFF FRANK LUNNY, Knight Grand Cross, who had been Lieutenant for Scotland since July 2005. SHERIFF LUNNY was invested as a Lieutenant of honour by his successor.

I should add, there is an accompanying photograph of 5 dozen folks in an array of medieval robes sporting large crosses across the chests, right shoulders, and left breasts. Disappointingly, given the organisation is an equestrian order, no horses; although plenty of horses arses on show.

SHERIFF FRANK LUNNY is Vincent Lunny's old man. Vincent is pictured replete in the robes of St Bilbo of the Blessed Dildo. He looks positively tumescent and is clearly attracting the attention of Archbishop Mario Conti.

Sincerely, I hope Vincent only views referred incidents whilst replete in his robes? We should be told.

I dont mean to lower the tone here but.......St Bilbo of the Blessed Dildo - is that for real?!?!?

I dont mean to lower the tone here but.......St Bilbo of the Blessed Dildo - is that for real?!?!?

No, that's a piece of satire on my part.

The rest is as described and reported in the Hamilton Advertiser. The accompanying photograph is also available on the organisations website.

The reason I contributed the above to the thread is because it is another piece of the jigsaw in Vincent Lunny's appointment. His father, Sheriff Frank Lunny has been heid bummer of said organisation in Scotland for eight years. Early last summer, I remember the spotlight being momentarily turned on Stewart Regan's brother, Stephen Regan. He is a Senior Lecturer at Durham University. He is a member of the English Studies faculty with particular interest in Irish studies. The publications he has contributed to, Edited, and written have mostly been of an Irish republican nature. It was reported he was a member of Opus Dei and of the organisation(Northern England Lieutenancy) which is the subject of the Advertiser report.

Thus, to many folks, Vincent Lunny's appointment by the SFA was a trite odd. However, it could be explained when his old man met Regan's brother and suggested he tell his bruv' about his boy's availability for the post?

I'll give you an example of something similar which would disprove your point.

Mt brother is a scientist. That is the absolute sum of my knowledge of what he does, because I've never found it interesting. If you asked me I could tell you nothing - zero - about his work & interests. So the automatic assumption that because Regan's brother is interested in Irish literature he, too, must be a Tim requires a leap of faith which should more accurately be described as fantasy.

It ignores the possibility that they could be separate entities, as brothers very often are.

It ignores the equally valid possibility that he (Stewart) could have no interest in Irish studies, as many Englishmen of Irish extraction feel.

It ignores the absolutely huge contribution Irish literature made to the 20th century.

It assumes Regan's brother is only interested in Irish literature because he's of a certain persuasion, when in fact any professional in the field of English literature - and most of the relevant Irish material was written in English, one of the many interesting points about it - who didn't have such an interest would be at best lax and at worst utterly incompetent. Irish nationalism & English literature represents one of the most important and interesting nexus of art & culture and for someone who lives in the north of England, is of Irish extraction, & works in the field not to be interested would be far more suspicious than someone who was. Take Flann O'Brien's madly surreal take on his Irish world; real name Brian O'Nolan, he felt the need to de-Anglicize his name, but not to write in Irish gaelic, a language in which he was fluent. The tension between his Irishness (and probably anti-Englishness) and his need to express himself in the hated language of the oppressor makes for fabulous and fascinating stuff, if you like literature.

It's a case of putting 2 +2 together and coming up with a 4 you find convincing, but it rests on being willing to believe in such a scenario in the first place. There's nothing even approaching proof here.

I have no time for Regan or Lunny. The game would be vastly improved by both leaving office tomorrow. But that's because they are useless, incompetent, and dance to the Parkhead party line. Their families or religions are marginal and best left to the nutjobs of the lunatic fringe because bluntly, it makes them (and, alas, us) look like uncultured loonballs.

Imagine any Rangers supporter thinking there would be people at 10 Downing Street having an interest in their Club.

This might be a book for the loonballs.........http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24212655

''held a "black book" of stories about former Home Secretary Lord Reid, who resigned from the cabinet to avoid damaging newspaper allegations''

Perhaps Damian McBride had even more to do with Rangers.

http://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/damian-mcbride-brains-behind-the-rangers-tax-case-blog/

Always helps to keep an open mind about folk like Reid, McBride, Lunny etc.