I don't see an Irish Catholic 'community' per se, I tend to think that 95% of people in this country get on with each other regardless of their ethnicity.

I've lived in and around Glasgow my whole life and can honestly say that I don't think the city is blighted by religious bigotry. Sure, there are a few idiots on both sides who want to exploit 'religion' for their own agendas, but they are few and far between, IMO.

I tend not to get het up with all the religious on-line rubbish either. I tell myself (for sanity) that a good percentage of internet users are trolls/WUMs who take on 'rolls' to wind-up their polar opposites, or for self-esteem purposes.

When I signed up to use the internet, I vowed to act and say the same things on the internet as I would in the real world, hence I'm also a boring bastard in the flesh... ;)

The police and some authorities in the West of Scotland have their own way of dealing with things that have already been dealt with somewhere else. Somewhere, where sectarianism was and is part of everyday life, Northern Ireland.

A question was put to the Police Force of Northern Ireland:

Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you provide copies of documents provided for officers and staff to advise them on their use of language - i.e., lists of words or language that may be deemed "offensive", "inappropriate" and that should be avoided.

They provided the PDF below with all the terms they deemed inappropriate (if not to say sectarian and discriminatory), though it seems that their fellows from beyond the sea can't open certain sections of it, if they ever got a copy that is.

Appropriate and inappropriate language (opens PDF, best viewed with Acrobate Reader or the like)

As for Molloy's account "being hacked", what are we talking about here? Some dark figure out there trying to besmirch an obvious Yahoo every other day? By using his smartphone or stealing inside his home and using his PC or placing a Trojan inside it? And the chap, who obviously sees that his account has being "hacked" umpteen times does not change it? Even the most twitter-illiterate PC sees through such garbage.

Really? You don't think that the Irish Catholic community in Scotland have made every effort to influence daily life from positions of power?

No, I don't. If you have the fact and figures to prove me wrong I will stand corrected but from where I'm sitting, it looks like the Irish who have settled here since the 20's (I call them Scottish, to be honest) are 'getting on' in much the same way as the Asians who followed them some years later.

This quality in both groups seem to me to embody the best aspects of work ethic and self improvement and while no doubt there will some, predominantly the socially inadequate type to be found hiding behind the fanbase of a large club, who see the world in the way you describe, Juan, a huge majority - massive - of persons of such descent I am familiar with don't bother with such stuff since it doesn't affect them.

In fact, it's all of them. I can't think of a single person who fits the category who is actively plotting of an evening. Of course, they'd hardly tell me if they were, but anyway.

The police and some authorities in the West of Scotland have their own way of dealing with things that have already been dealt with somewhere else. Somewhere, where sectarianism was and is part of everyday life, Northern Ireland.

A question was put to the Police Force of Northern Ireland:

They provided the PDF below with all the terms they deemed inappropriate (if not to say sectarian and discriminatory), though it seems that their fellows from beyond the sea can't open certain sections of it, if they ever got a copy that is.

Appropriate and inappropriate language (opens PDF, best viewed with Acrobate Reader or the like)

As for Molloy's account "being hacked", what are we talking about here? Some dark figure out there trying to besmirch an obvious Yahoo every other day? By using his smartphone or stealing inside his home and using his PC or placing a Trojan inside it? And the chap, who obviously sees that his account has being "hacked" umpteen times does not change it? Even the most twitter-illiterate PC sees through such garbage.

This is not Northern Ireland, though. It's a million miles away.

I forgot to say that the person hauled up sounds quite horrible and deserved a caution at least. I'm very familiar with this kind of arsehole rhat, usually stinking drunk and shouting abuse. It's what drives me nuts about the campaigns to paint us as Satan in person and Timothy as a choirbhoy. But that said, it doesn't prove a Masonic conspiracy in reverse, the presence of an anti-Masonic dark matter.

No, I don't. If you have the fact and figures to prove me wrong I will stand corrected but from where I'm sitting, it looks like the Irish who have settled here since the 20's (I call them Scottish, to be honest) are 'getting on' in much the same way as the Asians who followed them some years later.

This quality in both groups seem to me to embody the best aspects of work ethic and self improvement and while no doubt there will some, predominantly the socially inadequate type to be found hiding behind the fanbase of a large club, who see the world in the way you describe, Juan, a huge majority - massive - of persons of such descent I am familiar with don't bother with such stuff since it doesn't affect them.

In fact, it's all of them. I can't think of a single person who fits the category who is actively plotting of an evening. Of course, they'd hardly tell me if they were, but anyway.

Monklands Council, Glasgow City Council, John Reid, Michael Kelly, Roseanna Cunningham...........................we've a right few friends amongst them have we not ? slimeballs who will smile at you and shake your hand when looking for your vote but their hatred of Rangers FC runs deeper than I'd ever imagined in these past 2 years.

Throw in the majority of so-called sports journalists and surely now you see what I mean

I do, I just don't agree with your conclusion.

Irish Catholics in positions of professional importance does not automatically = actively hastening Rangers' destruction.

I'm not suggesting 'irish Catholics' Andy. I'm suggesting the Celt*c supporting fraternity in general. I wouldn't class Reid as an 'irish catholic' would you?

I do, I just don't agree with your conclusion.

Irish Catholics in positions of professional importance does not automatically = actively hastening Rangers' destruction.

Not automatically, but a great number detest Rangers and what they think it represents. That in my opinion goes from the top of the tree to the bottom.

The mentality I described has been repeated ad nauseum throughout history where one group perceives themselves to be persecuted or discriminated against. The first generation to have all of the opportunities open to them use that freedomt to right the perceived wrongs. It's human nature.