The Mystery of the £5.7m Share Issue Costs

How do you think the mhedia would react if they came out and said ... "we have this accountancy thing which is really a tax dodge to allow Charles Green to pay tax at a lower rate"?

Boss's theory maybe does create a question as to whether the club has paid for certain tax/accounting/legal advice for the sole purpose of Charles Green saving half a million quid in personal tax, or does it not?

These little dealings are, as far as I am concerned, known to Deloitte. If they sign this, I would assume that this is sneaky but not exactly illegal, right?

As for money coming in, wasn't this adressed by Stockbridge and some others? That is, ST and sponsorship deal money still on the way.

Boss's theory maybe does create a question as to whether the club has paid for certain tax/accounting/legal advice for the sole purpose of Charles Green saving half a million quid in personal tax, or does it not?

Why not? the Club seems to have paid for everything else!

,,,,and also as to how the 2.2m penny shares of Imran Ahmad, 2.2m penny shares of Richard Hughes, 1m penny shares of McCoist and the 900k penny shares of Mather (that's off the top of my head I concede there may well be more) have been treated for accountancy purposes.

Approved by the board, LMFAO

Care to tell us what or rather just who exactly constituted the board on 29 May 2012? It was a solo gig by none other than Charles Alexander Green was it not?

It wasn't necessary to incorporate that Option into the contract on 17 September 2012 so to claim that we did not know what league we would be playing when that option was granted is untrue as were were actually playing football in a league.

Yes, I laughed as well when I typed the date. Green was the only director. He owned the 2 shares (which became 200 shares on subdivision, hence he ended up with 5,000,200) and he probably didn't pay the £2 for them either!

,,,,and also as to how the 2.2m penny shares of Imran Ahmad, 2.2m penny shares of Richard Hughes, 1m penny shares of McCoist and the 900k penny shares of Mather (that's off the top of my head I concede there may well be more) have been treated for accountancy purposes.

I seem to recall that CF leaked the share list/cost some months ago but it was taken down. Wish now that I had taken a copy.

Strangely between 31 December 2012 and 30 June 2013, no more shares were issued but the share premium arising increased by £300k and the costs of fundraising increased by £1,308k, with the balance on the share premium account falling by £1,008k. A missing link?

I seem to recall that CF leaked the share list/cost some months ago but it was taken down. Wish now that I had taken a copy.

By the way do you know if the 71,429 shares that each of the directors and McCoist obtained at the IPO were gratis, penny or paid in full?

Also Stockbridge is entitled to share options to the value of two and a half times his gross salary which by my reckoning is a cool million £, do we know if they have been granted ( I assume but am not certain the market has to be notified if they were)?

Strangely between 31 December 2012 and 30 June 2013, no more shares were issued but the share premium arising increased by £300k and the costs of fundraising increased by £1,308k, with the balance on the share premium account falling by £1,008k. A missing link?

Further to this post, I also now see that same fall of £1,008k appears in the cashflows between 31 December 2012 and 30 June 2013 (£30,798k down to £29,790k). So the £1,008k was actually physically paid out in that period. Could be to do with the 'real' IPO costs but I assume they should have been accrued in the Interims even although the cashflow would change?

By the way do you know if the 71,429 shares that each of the directors and McCoist obtained at the IPO were gratis, penny or paid in full?

Also Stockbridge is entitled to share options to the value of two and a half times his gross salary which by my reckoning is a cool million £, do we know if they have been granted ( I assume but am not certain the market has to be notified if they were)?

Haven't had a chance to look at your first point. Re the second point, I think any new shares have to be notified to the market. You see, for instance, them having to announce when someone takes shares in lieu of dividends.