Requisitioners go to Court of Session - Adjourned until 14th

Nobody in this mess is covering themselves in glory

I have a feeling the present Board are too street wise for the requisitioners.

I don't share your sentiments. Our Board don't strike me as wise at all !

I predicted a couple of days ago that this one would end up in court. Which is unfortunate because no matter what the result, it is not good for Rangers.

This board seems desperate to hang on to power by any means possible. Which begs the question as to whether they have a majority of the votes on their side. Because, if they did, there would be no need for all the twisting and turning that they are engaged in.

I had a conversation with someone who was very close to the process and he felt that the vote could be close should the Easdales choose to back the board. But I think that both sides have discounted the impact of the support and the shares the support owns in this contest. And it would seem to me that the support is beginning to favour the requistioners.

It is a matter of regret that the McColl team have not embraced the support more openly and fully. They had the opportunity to ask the main supporter's organisations to nominate a director and didn't do that. I think that is an opportunity missed even if Malcolm Murray, who is on the slate, is openly supportive of getting a fan rep on the Board.

It is a matter of regret that the McColl team have not embraced the support more openly and fully. They had the opportunity to ask the main supporter's organisations to nominate a director and didn't do that. I think that is an opportunity missed even if Malcolm Murray, who is on the slate, is openly supportive of getting a fan rep on the Board.

The fans should definitely have a rep' on the board in the future (perhaps elected from a new club-run membership scheme?), but it would have been a strategic error for McColl & co to include someone from the current supporter's organisations in their immediate plans and proposals because they would instantly lose the votes of some supporters.

The fans should definitely have a rep' on the board in the future (perhaps elected from a new club-run membership scheme?), but it would have been a strategic error for McColl & co to include someone from the current supporter's organisations in their immediate plans and proposals because they would instantly lose the votes of some supporters.

I think the number of supporters who might be lost would be small and especially if the fan who as nominated had impeccable business and supporting credentials. And they do exist.

I think the number of supporters who might be lost would be small and especially if the fan who as nominated had impeccable business and supporting credentials. And they do exist.

Absolutely and I'm not against it at all, but I do think it's wise of the Requisitioners to leave the subject of a fan rep on the board completely off the table for the moment because it's not something they need in their proposal in order to gain votes, but definitely something which could potentially lose them a few votes if the candidate was associated with the existing supporter's organisations.