McCoist set to agree £400,000 wage cut

There is no need to take us as fools Ally.

''When I became manager, I had a contract placed in front of me and I just signed it. I didn’t look at the wages or the length of contract or anything.''

It could be true - he probably told his Agent what he was looking for, the Agent would then negotiate it and stick the final contract in front of McCoist for signing!

To be fair to him he signed the contract when we were in the SPL and that was the going rate for an OF manager and less than many players.

At the time if he was offered less than that many would have seen it as the club not living up to its status as the biggest club in Scotland. I find a lot of the time it's the same people who moaned when we missed out on a player because we wouldn't meet their demands who now complain wages are too high. Whyte was lambasted for offering too little.

There's not one of us here who would turn down an excellent wage package put in front of us, and I suspect none of us would volunteer a pay cut after "tuping" especially when you are clueless about the finances - as everyone including the board seems to have been.

in hindsight, the board should have possibly given Ally the projected income and negotiated a wage cut for the good of the club - but they could harldy do this while awarding themselves super-normal and outrageous remuneration.

So for me it's all down to a dysfunctional board and now Ally has seen the poor state of the finances that the board have taken us to, he has admirably taken a huge pay cut that it was within his rights to refuse. How many would take a 50% pay cut tomorrow for the good of your company (albeit, it's easier when you earn as much in a year as the average punter earns in most of his career).