Scottish FA fit and proper guidelines could block Dave King

A thought struck me last night.....

What if the details about Mathers meeting with King was announced at the time that The meeting was due to take place??? The media get the fans worked into a frenzy about King returning with pots of gold etc. Meanwhile, Mather is in SA making a 1/2 hearted attempt @ getting King back onto the board - which King knocks back without knowledge of what is going on in the media etc over here.

Mather then returns home with the news that King will not be joining the board and won't be investing anything anytime soon. This then gives the fans the impression that once again they have been let down by a "Rangers man" with the means to help the club. Mather can then claim that he tried and King is left as the bad one.

What if the details about Mathers meeting with King was announced at the time that The meeting was due to take place??? The media get the fans worked into a frenzy about King returning with pots of gold etc. Meanwhile, Mather is in SA making a 1/2 hearted attempt @ getting King back onto the board - which King knocks back without knowledge of what is going on in the media etc over here.

Mather then returns home with the news that King will not be joining the board and won't be investing anything anytime soon. This then gives the fans the impression that once again they have been let down by a "Rangers man" with the means to help the club. Mather can then claim that he tried and King is left as the bad one.

This is why I was suggesting that this could be the propaganda work of toxic Jack!, until King comes out with a statement we just don't know.

The only thing I would say about that is that it wouldn't really be news to anyone. That is the status quo (until we hear otherwise from King) i.e. he doesn't trust the current board enough with his money to make any investment. It wouldn't really be earth shattering if they came out and said "King still doesn't trust us". It might say more about them than King.

I honestly expected a statement from King by now!

The fact neither he or the club board have commented officially suggests they're some way from any agreement - be it via investment and/or a director's role.

Dave King is certainly in a strong position so doesn't surprise me he's not saying much for the time being.

One does wonder just how desperate Mather et al are for his cash. Looking forward to hearing what the fan groups were told.

The fact neither he or the club board have commented officially suggests they're some way from any agreement - be it via investment and/or a director's role.

Dave King is certainly in a strong position so doesn't surprise me he's not saying much for the time being.

One does wonder just how desperate Mather et al are for his cash. Looking forward to hearing what the fan groups were told.

regardless of how the AGM goes and who is in control after it there's no doubt they will require someone like King to invest heavily & assume a controlling interest.