The point is he did not invest in Rangers, he invested in a make money from Rangers scheme.

The fact that he made no profit says a lot about his lack of business acumen.

So we're to be disappointed in the impending arrival of Dave King to the board because he did not invest his £20m directly in Rangers and lost the f*&king lot?

So we're to be disappointed in the impending arrival of Dave King to the board because he did not invest his £20m directly in Rangers and lost the f*&king lot?

I am over the moon at the thought of King coming back unlike a lot on here who were sceptical last week until the papers started suggesting King was pro Murray.

I am over the moon at the thought of King coming back unlike a lot on here who were sceptical last week until the papers started suggesting King was pro Murray.

Why favour one, neither invested in Rangers and King spunked eighty times what Murray did so is he not eighty times more culpable?

I think they're smart enough on here to be aware King was pro Murrray long ago, can't say the same for everywhere else though!

Why favour one, neither invested in Rangers and King spunked eighty times what Murray did so is he not eighty times more culpable?

I think they're smart enough on here to be aware King was pro Murrray long ago, can't say the same for everywhere else though!

King has money to spunk, Murray does not.

Paul Murray has INVESTED NOTHING in Rangers.

Show me where King has backed Murray's campaign.

These aren't exact quotes, but Paul Murray said on national radio tonight that last week Dave King asked him to join the Rangers board along with him and that Dave King recommended to Mather & Stockbridge that they appoint Murray along with himself. He also said that he had meetings with the board last week and was offered a place on the board, which he was willing to accept in certain conditions. The board obviously didn't accept those conditions.

King has money to spunk, Murray does not.

I'll take your word for it.

Paul Murray has INVESTED NOTHING in Rangers.

Using your criteria neither has Dave King has he?

You'll see it for yourself soon enough.

Is it not true that Paul Murray put 250k into Rangers Youth Development along with Ian Hart, not into Rangers directly. In fact did he not stand to make a profit from selling us our own youngsters.

Hart appears to have got his cash back in kind, maybe Murray feels he is due his.

RYD was wholly owned by Rangers, and any shortfall in RYD (and there was large one) was funded by the club. RYD and Rangers were effectively the same thing. Anyone who put cash into RYD did not make any cash from the sale of players.

From memory all cash put in were the form of loans and I thought all had been repaid. Hart may have been the exception, I don't recall Paul Murray lending RYD any cash but I may be mistaken in that.

RYD was wholly owned by Rangers, and any shortfall in RYD (and there was large one) was funded by the club. RYD and Rangers were effectively the same thing. Anyone who put cash into RYD did not make any cash from the sale of players.

From memory all cash put in were the form of loans and I thought all had been repaid. Hart may have been the exception, I don't recall Paul Murray lending RYD any cash but I may be mistaken in that.

Paul Murray, Ian Russell, Jim Whitelaw and Walter Nimmo collectively invested £1m in RYD to help start the project in 2004. The Club doubled it to £2m according to press reports from back then.

In addition to the first team, Rangers F.C. also have a reserve team and an under-20 side.

On 20 April 2004, Rangers Football Club announced the creation of a new company which would oversee the development of the club's youth players. The company, called Rangers Youth Development Limited, is entirely self-funding but completely owned by the club. It attracted four investors from outside Rangers who have invested £1 million, with the club also putting up an initial £2.5 million.

This would leave Rangers F.C. in an unfamiliar position which would mean it has to buy its own youth players from Rangers Youth Development. The company will own the young players and the club will need to bid for them although it will have first option on all the players. If both sides cannot reach an agreement on a transfer fee then a FIFA transfer model will be used. Any profit made by the company will be divided between investors with the majority being invested to fund more youth players. [2]

The main reasons for the formation of the new company is to offset the running costs of Murray Park. However, many of the Rangers fans were opposed to the formation of the[3]

According to this Murray was to receive dividends from our youngsters..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C._Reserve_and_Youth_squads.

Some of the initial statements on RYD were misleading and were clarified by subsequent statements. Rather than relying on Wikipedia, have a look at RYD's audited accounts. There were no dividends paid, the loans were interest free and it was not self-funding.

Edit - there was one loan of £73,000 that RYD paid interest on. I don't know who this was from but I doubt it was Paul Murray.

Edited by Bluedell