A few points of order

Always good to have such a thread when our brothers from RM are around which is a forum with a somewhat different moderation policy.

While we're happy to discuss any subject and criticise any person associated with the club, our less excitable community prefers a few simple rules.

1. Do not abuse/insult other posters/fans and please avoid using the kind of divisive terms which only cause more harm than good.

2. Whilst on occasion only a swear-word will do, generally please try to desist from inappropriate language.

3. Trolling: I can't abide such people personally so if you troll certain threads and/or other users then expect to be pulled up for it.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Love and kisses - Gersnet

Paul Murray been complaining ?? :whistling:

Haha - no.

As you'll see from the front page of our main site, we're not afraid of asking questions of PM on Gersnet and I know the guy appreciates such constructive criticism in the spirit it's intended.

The polite request in the original post is merely a reiteration of our House Rules which have been around for exactly five years...

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/announcement.php?f=3

Whilst on occasion only a swear-word will do

Call me a puritan if you like (or perhaps it's the ex-referee coming out in me) but I personally do not see the need to use foul OR abusive langauge at all.

IMHO points can be much better made with a little judicious use of a dictionary or thesauris.

NB: Please delete expletives from any comments!

Call me a puritan if you like (or perhaps it's the ex-referee coming out in me) but I personally do not see the need to use foul OR abusive langauge at all.

IMHO points can be much better made with a little judicious use of a dictionary or thesauris.

You didnt use a dictionary to find the spelling of thesaurus did you ? :P

Funk off. :P

Guest Night Owl

Glad this thread was made.

As a new member I chose this forum for the points made in the op.

I'll try to refrain from name calling and the like but to an extent I do believe people deserve a right of reply when they themselves have been personally attacked.My experience as a forum poster at times,( on other forums ) has been over shadowed by internet hardmen and general idiots. From people following your every post ( simply for disagreeing with them ) to wierdo's giving you their seat number at Ibrox so you can '' sort it out ''

I sometimes wonder what is happening to us as a support but thankfully the posters in here can keep things human, and not resort to throwing crayons and pinging bogies at each other,which is a habit I've witnessed in other forums.

Thankfully this place has a sound level of intelligence and maturity with a good sense of humour, unlike the last place I've come from which I won't mention but its the kind of place where Chit Chat is busier than the Rangers section, and has threads such as '' What are you having for your tea '' at times I've half expected to sign in and find a '' what's your favourite colour '' thread such was the mentality.

Although purely as a spectator, from what I saw of the RM fella's in here recently, they were caught short and didn't come across as the brightest candle on the cake.