Rangers' future has been complicated by conflict but peace can still break out

Unfortunately our club does not have a plethora of business men lining up to take control, two men are in the running King and McColl. King has said he will invest McColl as far as i know said he wont but will put in place people with the business acumen to run Rangers in a safe and proper business model. I'll take either of those two business ideas, we cant afford to be choosy ATM.

I don't often disagree with you but not only do I think we can afford to be choosy, I think it's absolutely essential that are extremely choosy. Doesn't recent history prove that?

I don't often disagree with you but not only do I think we can afford to be choosy, I think it's absolutely essential that are extremely choosy. Doesn't recent history prove that?

Fair point BH, Suppose i'm prepared to give one of our own a (King) more latitude than others.

Folk need to look past Dave King's wealth - something that doesn't appear to be happening.

What is he, as a person & business man going to bring to the Board of Rangers??? What did he bring previously???

McColl on the other hand, while backed by wealth, is more interested/concerned about getting the right people onto the Board to ensure the best running of the club. Maybe once that happens he will invest - ie putting money into a sound business investment rather than an emotional one.

Folk need to look past Dave King's wealth - something that doesn't appear to be happening.

What is he, as a person & business man going to bring to the Board of Rangers??? What did he bring previously???

McColl on the other hand, while backed by wealth, is more interested/concerned about getting the right people onto the Board to ensure the best running of the club. Maybe once that happens he will invest - ie putting money into a sound business investment rather than an emotional one.

Right now, I would have McColl over King, no danger. Whilst McColl may never out any personal money in to Rangers, his reputation alone will bring others apart from those he currently proposes for the Board. I say that despite the fact that I would prefer not to have P Murray (and let's not start all that again.)

As you say King on the other hand, has a very doubtful reputation and is a convicted criminal. I would do without him whether he is bringing money or not.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
removed (,)!

I'm coming to the conclusion that if you're a super rich businessman and have no convictions, the likelihood is that you've just not been caught yet... Or perhaps you've been immensely clever at skirting round and bending the rules without technically breaking them.

The business world comes across as an incredibly dirty and corrupt place...

Maybe in this kind of case it's a choice of choose your favourite, rich "bastard".

If I have the choice between King and the Easdales?

If i have the choice between King and Stockbridge?

If I have the choice between King and Green?

If I have the choiuce between King and Mather?

I'd choose King.

As for the choice between McColl and King, I wouldn't automatically go for McColl because of King's tax issues. McColl ran away before and is that really the sort of guy we want owning our club (if we are being hyper-choosy)? I haven't a clue what McColl's plans are and why someone with no apparent connection with he club is so keen to own us.

The way it looks just now, if you do without King, you will have to get by without a Rangers, too.

I agree that we don't have the luxury of being overly choosy.

Bit of unsubstantiated hyperbole there, although i'm personally not too concerned by King's tax issues.