Green left in April/May, pretty sure Easdale joined the board after that,

I vaguely recall some emails floating around on CF that discussed the pay-out and I thought Easdale was copied in. The pay-off being agreed doesn't necessarily correspond with Green coming off the board anyway. However that is why I asked the question. There are others on here who follow CF a lot closer than I do.

Ok allow me to elaborate a bit more...

Lets start with Stockbridge and Malcolm Murray. I felt it was totally inappropriate and out of order for the former to film the latter in his drunken state at that function. It was deplorable that that footage was subsequently made public. That said MM's own conduct left much to be desired - I appreciate I am somewhat old fashioned in my outlook as are some of my standards and values, but I felt MM in that state - so drunk he was unable to walk unassisted - demeaned the office of Rangers chairman.

Stockbridge's bonus payments were ridiculous and outrageous - but so too were Ally's wages. If we are to hold people accountable for the gravy train culture which appears to exist at Ibrox - then there should be no double standards or exemptions. Therefore I agree with the arguments that Stockbridge is being awarded bonus payments far in excess of his achievements - but Ally is receiving a wage far in excess of achievements.

Then we have the situation with Mather who was part of the sacktheboard proposed cull. My problem with this is that both Ally and Walter have publicly backed Mather with Walter keen to endorse even if there were boardroom changes. Now lets stop all this nonsense about "Rangers Men" - both Walter & Ally are (and I say this as a term of endearment) true Rangers men and I trust their opinion implicitly.

Am I to believe rumours without foundation and substance often by unknown people tweeting or writing on a forum or do I believe the opinion of 2 Rangers Legends. The latter of course have worked with Mather on an almost daily basis for several months whereas the former have not.

I have concerns as can be seen for the foregoing - more so regarding the state of our finances but we seem to be running a lynch mob mentality based mainly of rumour, innuendo and scaremongering - and the juggernaut which has started seems to be rolling on out of control.

walter also told us to back mccoll.

allys wages are nothing like stockbridge.

ally was tuped accross from an spl managers job. it would have been illegal to reduce his wage. stockbridge on the other hand set took a 100% bonus knowing full well it would be for winning sfl3.

allys wage may now look excessive but thats neither his fault nor the current boards.

walter also told us to back mccoll.

allys wages are nothing like stockbridge.

ally was tuped accross from an spl managers job. it would have been illegal to reduce his wage. stockbridge on the other hand set took a 100% bonus knowing full well it would be for winning sfl3.

allys wage may now look excessive but thats neither his fault nor the current boards.

Im not suggesting Walter didnt back McColl GS but he firmly endorsed Mather (as did Ally) and yet some of our fans lobbied vigorously on forums and social media for his removal - do they know better whats going on at our club or are better judges of whats going on than trusted Rangers men within our club who have worked with Mather?

Im not suggesting Walter didnt back McColl GS but he firmly endorsed Mather (as did Ally) and yet some of our fans lobbied vigorously on forums and social media for his removal - do they know better whats going on at our club or are better judges of whats going on than trusted Rangers men within our club who have worked with Mather?

To be fair D'Art, Ally also endorsed Craig Whyte and Charles Green. I believe Walter's endorsement of Mather was based on a footballing point of view i.e. getting players in etc.

Ok allow me to elaborate a bit more...

Lets start with Stockbridge and Malcolm Murray. I felt it was totally inappropriate and out of order for the former to film the latter in his drunken state at that function. It was deplorable that that footage was subsequently made public. That said MM's own conduct left much to be desired - I appreciate I am somewhat old fashioned in my outlook as are some of my standards and values' date=' but I felt MM in that state - so drunk he was unable to walk unassisted - demeaned the office of Rangers chairman.[/quote']

Agreed.

Stockbridge's bonus payments were ridiculous and outrageous - but so too were Ally's wages. If we are to hold people accountable for the gravy train culture which appears to exist at Ibrox - then there should be no double standards or exemptions. Therefore I agree with the arguments that Stockbridge is being awarded bonus payments far in excess of his achievements - but Ally is receiving a wage far in excess of achievements.

I don't see the relevance of Ally's salary. The people accountable for his salary are the directors' date=' not Ally himself.

Then we have the situation with Mather who was part of the sacktheboard proposed cull. My problem with this is that both Ally and Walter have publicly backed Mather with Walter keen to endorse even if there were boardroom changes. Now lets stop all this nonsense about "Rangers Men" - both Walter & Ally are (and I say this as a term of endearment) true Rangers men and I trust their opinion implicitly.

Am I to believe rumours without foundation and substance often by unknown people tweeting or writing on a forum or do I believe the opinion of 2 Rangers Legends. The latter of course have worked with Mather on an almost daily basis for several months whereas the former have not.

Walter also backed the proposal that Mather should be sacked so I'm at a loss to know what he really thinks about Mather. As for Ally, he also backed Green and look how that turned out. the fact that he backs the guy who sanctions his spending on players doesn't mean a whole lot. Ally would back Mather if he gave him £10m to spend. It doesn't mean that it's in the club's best interests, and therefore Ally has a conflict of interest.

Both Ally and Walter also backed SDM to the hilt.

I have concerns as can be seen for the foregoing - more so regarding the state of our finances but we seem to be running a lynch mob mentality based mainly of rumour' date=' innuendo and scaremongering - and the juggernaut which has started seems to be rolling on out of control.[/quote']

I'd agree that some fans are probably being influenced by a "lynch mob mentality" as you put it, but it does not mean that all who criticise the board are and it does not mean that there are not genuine issues about the way the club has been run and is continuing to be run by the current directors.

“Working with a board which could rarely find consensus has created a highly dysfunctional environment which has not been good for the club.

“On top of that, there has been recent further disruption which has rendered the board less effective and efficient than it ought to have been.

“It is clear that boardroom change is required and I would urge Rangers fans to get behind the resolutions which last week were presented to the board and shareholders.”

Those were Walter's words in early August and these were his words two weeks ago:

They cannot continue being run in the manner they are at the present moment. That can’t continue. It can’t be allowed to continue.

Walter may be clever/experienced enough not to name individuals but his frustration and disappointment is clear and rubber stamped by his resignation.

I have little sympathy for the Easdales, Stockbridge and Mather - none of whom I believe are suitable people to run Rangers football club. Because of that, I don't blame any fan for wanting to try and force change. However, it should go without saying , that should be done sensibly and with a clear alternative in mind. I'm not sure we have that which is just as big a disappointment as the current board.