To be fair D'Art, Ally also endorsed Craig Whyte and Charles Green. I believe Walter's endorsement of Mather was based on a footballing point of view i.e. getting players in etc.

If Im on honest plg I would put Walter's endorsement of Mather in a different category as those you have cited. He was departing rather than currently on the payroll therefore I would place far more credibility on them - but thats just my take on things.

I was totally unaware having read the statement a number of times - that it referred to footballing matters - if thats the case perhaps that should have been made clearer at the time.

I don't see the relevance of Ally's salary. The people accountable for his salary are the directors, not Ally himself.

The relevance for me at any rate Bluedell are based around the accusations that the "non Rangers men" (sorry about the term but it probably sums up things best) involved at our club are taking a salary or bonuses far in excess of their worth. That to me is not completely accurate as Ally's wages prove.

I dont want to sound as if Im having a go at Ally - Im not - just the gravy train culture which appears to exist within our club of offering exorbitant wages and bonuses and which all seem to be riding.

The relevance for me at any rate Bluedell are based around the accusations that the "non Rangers men" (sorry about the term but it probably sums up things best) involved at our club are taking a salary or bonuses far in excess of their worth. That to me is not completely accurate as Ally's wages prove.

I dont want to sound as if Im having a go at Ally - Im not - just the gravy train culture which appears to exist within our club of offering exorbitant wages and bonuses and which all seem to be riding.

I think that the difference is that they are awarding themselves the salaries, whereas Ally didn't.

Ally's overall package is excessive and difficult to defend but around £16K per week for a manager TUPEd over from the oldco isn't all that much of a surprise. Fortunately, he's recognised it's too much (under fan pressure I may add) so has agreed to reduce it. Good on him.

Meanwhile, financial and commercial directors retaining huge salaries and 100% bonuses for winning SFL3, SFL2, and SFL1 are a rather different ball game. Completely unacceptable and indefensible - yet Stockbridge felt it suitable enough to keep his for winning SFL3 before removing the clause for future years. Not so admirable, Brian.

Those were Walter's words in early August and these were his words two weeks ago:

Walter may be clever/experienced enough not to name individuals but his frustration and disappointment is clear and rubber stamped by his resignation.

I have little sympathy for the Easdales, Stockbridge and Mather - none of whom I believe are suitable people to run Rangers football club. Because of that, I don't blame any fan for wanting to try and force change. However, it should go without saying , that should be done sensibly and with a clear alternative in mind. I'm not sure we have that which is just as big a disappointment as the current board.

You are probably aware Frankie I have given John an article for the new WATP Magazine. I dont want to give away all its content so to speak but it calls for a radical and revolutionary change in how this club operates with regard to the support.

I think an intrinsic part of the problem we face as a club and support has been how the support are disempowered from the systems, processes and critical information regarding our club. The suporters of this club have been "bit players" for far far too long.

I think that the difference is that they are awarding themselves the salaries, whereas Ally didn't.

Yes but he was happy enough to take that wage Bluedell knowing it was excessive and as Frankie has pointed out - agreed to the cut in the face of considerable fan pressure.

You are probably aware Frankie I have given John an article for the new WATP Magazine. I dont want to give away all its content so to speak but it calls for a radical and revolutionary change in how this club operates with regard to the support.

I think an intrinsic part of the problem we face as a club and support has been how the support are disempowered from the systems' date=' processes and critical information regarding our club. The suporters of this club have been "bit players" for far far too long.[/quote']

Agree 100%.

However, just for the record, my point was that I think Walter certainly agrees with the #sacktheboard# faction you mention in the original post. It's just a shame he's not been clearer on exactly who he's talking about on occasion.

For that, Walter deserves a fair amount of criticism as it's people like him that should be leading the way in delivering the change he talks about.

I also disagree about Ally's wage - he didn't set it and he TUPEd over from the old company. I'm presuming it was less than he earned as a player and the job as manager is supposed to be a promotion. It was appropriate for the position Rangers were in before selling to Whyte as the top Scottish club. You can't pay your players 20k a week and expect your manager, with the higher responsibilities and who ultimately carries the can, to be on something like 6k a week.

However, when the new company took over, they should have attempted to renegotiate Ally's wage (and that of his backroom staff), explaining the situation and the new financial constraints, perhaps with an appropriate rise with each promotion and maybe a bonus when the company made a decent profit. BUT this could only be done in the context of similar parsimony for the new board's remuneration.

In the end, the failure here is that of the board and not of Ally who just collected the wage agreed in his contract.

When you look at what he has done in his job as well as what he did to help the club in its transition to the new company and league status, I at least think he deserved what he earned far more than Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and Mather.

And he at least achieved the minimum expected of his position in results, leadership and as a representative of the club, while those four all failed miserably in all those regards.

Putting Ally in the same category is fallacious for quite a few reasons.

Those wanting Green and the board out badly have used the opinion of Smith and McCoist to back up their point. In fact McCoist's tirade against Green after the Forfar cup tie seemed to kick off a lot of this.

I don't think they (not saying that's anyone on here even) can then have it both ways by saying 'ah but they backed Whyte etc'.

Those wanting Green and the board out badly have used the opinion of Smith and McCoist to back up their point. In fact McCoist's tirade against Green after the Forfar cup tie seemed to kick off a lot of this.

I don't think they (not saying that's anyone on here even) can then have it both ways by saying 'ah but they backed Whyte etc'.

Both Walter and Ally have been less than consistent in their statements but we have to recognise situations change and we're all entitled to change our opinion on people/issues when new information becomes available.

Walter's most recent words I quoted above really are a damning indictment of the current board; doesn't matter if he names names or not.