When you look at what he has done in his job as well as what he did to help the club in its transition to the new company and league status, I at least think he deserved what he earned far more than Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and Mather.

I agree with that bit cal - if the payments had been made for his service to this club and the sole leadership he provided during admin - then you would have no qualms from me. But that kind of money for a Div 3 manager is just ridiculous.

The relevance for me at any rate Bluedell are based around the accusations that the "non Rangers men" (sorry about the term but it probably sums up things best) involved at our club are taking a salary or bonuses far in excess of their worth. That to me is not completely accurate as Ally's wages prove.

I dont want to sound as if Im having a go at Ally - Im not - just the gravy train culture which appears to exist within our club of offering exorbitant wages and bonuses and which all seem to be riding.

Wasn't a Rangers man involved in sanctioning payments that being MM ?

I also disagree about Ally's wage - he didn't set it and he TUPEd over from the old company. I'm presuming it was less than he earned as a player and the job as manager is supposed to be a promotion. It was appropriate for the position Rangers were in before selling to Whyte as the top Scottish club. You can't pay your players 20k a week and expect your manager, with the higher responsibilities and who ultimately carries the can, to be on something like 6k a week.

However, when the new company took over, they should have attempted to renegotiate Ally's wage (and that of his backroom staff), explaining the situation and the new financial constraints, perhaps with an appropriate rise with each promotion and maybe a bonus when the company made a decent profit. BUT this could only be done in the context of similar parsimony for the new board's remuneration.

In the end, the failure here is that of the board and not of Ally who just collected the wage agreed in his contract.

When you look at what he has done in his job as well as what he did to help the club in its transition to the new company and league status, I at least think he deserved what he earned far more than Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and Mather.

And he at least achieved the minimum expected of his position in results, leadership and as a representative of the club, while those four all failed miserably in all those regards.

Putting Ally in the same category is fallacious for quite a few reasons.

What did McCoist deserve for the pain that we were put through last season? The guy is a football manager. Also did Green etc not deserve a reward for bringing the club back from the brink?

I'm not trying to re-start the same old debates, just saying there's more than one interpretation.

Yes but he was happy enough to take that wage Bluedell knowing it was excessive and as Frankie has pointed out - agreed to the cut in the face of considerable fan pressure.

I have sympathy with that view, but it's not Ally's job to know whether the club can or can't afford his salary.

Was his salary excessive for a club getting crowds of 45,000 every week? The club have made a thing about us being in the top 15 or so biggest supported clubs in Europe. Are any of the managers of these other clubs in that groups getting paid ;ess than Ally?

I know we were playng in the 4th tier and there are arguments against the above paragraph (and I don't support it myself) but I'm just putting it in to show that it can be looked at in a different way and it could be the way that Ally looked at it.

I agree with that bit cal - if the payments had been made for his service to this club and the sole leadership he provided during admin - then you would have no qualms from me. But that kind of money for a Div 3 manager is just ridiculous.

I don't disagree that his wage should have been renegotiated although I think the Div 3 manager is a bit erroneous. You couldn't compare his wage in the SPL with other SPL managers either. It's saying that Rangers are just another team in the league which is blatantly untrue.

He wasn't any division manager, he was the RANGERS manager and as such the clubs in any of the divisions are no comparison.

So, he should have been paid an appropriate wage for our income - which should still therefore have been the second highest in the country but a fraction of what he earned in the SPL. You could say the same for the board and the players.

If McCoist didn't know what sort of financial basket case we were after being promoted as the face that saved Rangers and urging fans to buy season tickets, we must have been fed some amount of PR horse shit about Ally's involvement at every level.

I don't disagree that his wage should have been renegotiated although I think the Div 3 manager is a bit erroneous. You couldn't compare his wage in the SPL with other SPL managers either. It's saying that Rangers are just another team in the league which is blatantly untrue.

He wasn't any division manager, he was the RANGERS manager and as such the clubs in any of the divisions are no comparison.

So, he should have been paid an appropriate wage for our income - which should still therefore have been the second highest in the country but a fraction of what he earned in the SPL. You could say the same for the board and the players.

My problem with that line of reasoning cal is what will his wage be then when we get back to the top division ?

My problem with that line of reasoning cal is what will his wage be then when we get back to the top division ?

I would say it should still be commensurate with our income which should increase.

I think our whole budget should be designed around running a grade A club and providing the playing, coaching and management staff to allow compete at the best level we are able to for our finances while breaking even every year.

To compete we have to pay competitive salaries but we can't pay more than we can afford.

Whether you think Ally worthy of the job at the wage provided is another debate. For me it's the same whoever we appoint - hopefully a decision that is carefully made, but of course is never guaranteed to be a successful one.

When we're back at the top, I for one don't want to see Celtic bringing in a blue chip manager for 1m a year while we look for someone to do the job at 200k (unless that's all we can afford).

Ally's salary was tuped over with his oldco contract and that's been mentioned many times.

What hasn't been mentioned often, if at all, is that his contract being retained (along with others too!) rather than renegotiated over a year ago out of necessity and for the good of the club has a direct relationship with the type of people who came in and took over the running of the club.

The answer to why the contracts of Ally and other senior staff members on high salaries whose contracts were tuped over weren't all renegotiated by Green & co over a year ago is very simple.

Green & co were here to make a fast buck and put themselves on high salaries & high bonuses so that they could make their fast buck. By retaining the high salaries for the football management team & other high salaried employees, they took the heat and focus off of themselves and their own scandalous remuneration.

This is even evidenced as recently as the release of the accounts a few weeks ago where the manager's salary was specifically detailed. Highlighting Ally's salary in those accounts was no mistake, just as keeping him employed on such a high wage in the first place rather than renegotiating the contracts was no mistake.

Doing so enabled Green and his cronies to rob the club blind when it was at it's weakest ebb. A disgusting and deplorable act of greed and corporate vandalism, which to me seems very apparent and is perfectly good reason enough to demand that the remaining directors brought in by Green & co are removed ASAP.