Im not suggesting Walter didnt back McColl GS but he firmly endorsed Mather (as did Ally) and yet some of our fans lobbied vigorously on forums and social media for his removal - do they know better whats going on at our club or are better judges of whats going on than trusted Rangers men within our club who have worked with Mather?

mather had to go for not sacking stockbridge.

up to that point i would have been happy for him to stay.

regardless of all that he left through choice with a huge chunk of our money for doing so. no idea how that works but he's not the first.

I'm pretty sure you are nowhere near the 'neutral enclosure' D'Art. You like to portray yourself as such but the words you frequently publish betray your neutral stance as nonsense.

Why not just take off the mask?

Tell us all what you really think and stop trying to hold on to the middle ground.

We won't get back to the top ASAP on a shoestring budget. We need to realise that

Agree mostly, the cement has to be dry before we are in the SPL but it has to be young mortar we use and not old pointing.

I'm pretty sure you are nowhere near the 'neutral enclosure' D'Art. You like to portray yourself as such but the words you frequently publish betray your neutral stance as nonsense.

Why not just take off the mask?

Tell us all what you really think and stop trying to hold on to the middle ground.

I dont like to portray myself as "neutral" - I prefer to have a stance and argue it passionately.

I have been particularly cautious on this one for 2 reasons in particular :-

1. Many many months ago I believed Craig Whyte was the real deal - and I wrote a series of blogs both extolling and defending him. I feel particularly guilty about that to this day and it has only served to heighten a sense of responsibility towards the Rangers support. I vowed I would never mislead the Rangers support again based on my personal instincts or a hunch about an individual.

2. The situation we find ourselves in is particularly complex - from what I can see there are more than 2 factions. For instance there are bears who want rid of the board yet dont want Paul Murray anywhere near our club whilst there are others who appear to support him and there are those who have not been convinced. I dont think any of the arguments from any of the parties are particularly compelling - something Frankie espoused recently on TRS - and while all sides seem to be capable of getting hits in against the other parties, no-one seems able to deliver a knockout blow.

But I would be interested in how you arrive at this conclusion

You like to portray yourself as such but the words you frequently publish betray your neutral stance as nonsense.

I think this is the first article I have written for quite some time regarding our boardroom shehanigans and you will note it is particularly scathing of all sides.

My previous articles in the last few months have been

The Lucifer Effect

The Rangers support – Unfit for purpose ?

BBC Scotland – A Corporation on Trial

Bigotry in corduroy ?

Chasing The Dragon – Update

The Real Enemy Within

Hearts & Minds

Confessions of a fence sitting blogger

A dinosaur rears it’s head

The only one which touches on the boardroom struggles is confessions of a fence sitting blogger - which like the article which opened this thread, shows no favour to any of the competing factions.

Re your 2 reasons.

1] Do Bloggers actually think they influence the Support? I enjoy reading some, yours among them, but they are only someones opinions.

2] As far as I can see, there is nowt complex about it, you either trust the present Board to continue running Rangers Football Club or you want someone else. I wouldn't trust the Easdales or Stockdale with a piggy bank.

CB:

1. I actually find the use of 'blogger' by some people a bit strange whereby they often seem to use it as an insult when in fact, 'bloggers' are just the same as any other bear who posts their opinion on the internet, writes an article for a fanzine or even shares a conversation in a pub or supporters' bus. I do all the above but don't consider my opinion any more valid or influential than anyone else's. Sure, maybe more people get to read/hear it but if you disagree then it's easy enough to counter anywhere you like...

2. I think that's a fair enough conclusion to arrive to and, like D'Art, I've written at length on keeping the issue simple in the début issue of WATP fanzine. The fact is the board have under-performed (from Green, to Walter, to Mather to, arguably, the Easdales) so it should come as no surprise that there is fierce criticism of them given the events of recent years. However, that doesn't mean such criticism (even protest) of the incumbents automatically suggests support for Paul Murray or Dave King. And, aside from them, we don't seem to have more alternatives so that explains why they're perhaps under the microscope as well.

All in all, people need to stop falling out over issues that will split opinion and continue to press all involved for clarity. That's why I've been comfortable enough with the protests - fans are still supporting the team home and away but are asking valid questions about how the club is run. After the events of the last 2 or 3 years that should be our default position for ever more.

1] D'Art used the words 'guilty''responsibility''mislead', it sounded as if we were to take it seriously. 'Bloggers' isn't insulting, though some insult their readers, yourself and D'Art apart.

2] 'Automatic support for Paul Murray or Dave King', if we have anyone else to support against the present Board I will be very surprised.

As you know the 'hatred' for PM is all consuming in certain circles, it gets to me that this hatred seems to be more important than the safety and well being of Rangers.

1] D'Art used the words 'guilty''responsibility''mislead', it sounded as if we were to take it seriously. 'Bloggers' isn't insulting, though some insult their readers, yourself and D'Art apart.

2] 'Automatic support for Paul Murray or Dave King', if we have anyone else to support against the present Board I will be very surprised.

As you know the 'hatred' for PM is all consuming in certain circles, it gets to me that this hatred seems to be more important than the safety and well being of Rangers.

1. I guess D'Art feels more responsibility as a blogger than I do. :D I write for my own reasons; basically it helps me form my own opinion of issues and I enjoy looking back seeing how my views change and develop. I don't do it to influence others though I concede that may happen - personally I feel we're all responsible for our own opinions and because I agree/disagree with a wide variety of these, I find it frustrating when people start labelling others as pro-FF/RM/VB/RST or whatever. Blogger may not be an insult per se but there are some people who do use it that way but you're right to say some do disrespect their own audience from time to time.

2. That's a fair point but that shouldn't preclude us from criticising Murray and demanding the same transparency and leadership we ask of the present board. Obviously there's a big difference between constructive criticism and abuse which is completely counter-productive.

3. There's no doubt people become entrenched in certain issues and that's why the debate has to be kept simple wherever possible. Pro-RFC should be a given and anything after that is just a case of different opinions. It's when people deliberately muddy the issue or resort to insults/abuse that we become part of the problem rather than the solution.