Game's a bogey.

Last one out turn off the lights. Police officers, trained to tackle violent crime, comfort grieving relatives and attend emergency incidents are now diverted to point video cameras at football fans and ruin their careers, love for the game and potentially destroy their life for singing songs which have been decreed as offensive by people who revel in Republican terror and seek nothing other than further division in the people of this country.

Before the sanctimony starts, I have no time for the Loyalist, Ulster, dead murderer nonsense but I think the way it's being tackled is akin to taking a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Aggression and oppression only breeds more contempt, education is the way to tackle a cultural problem not criminalisation.

I understand that there is a section of our support who don't agree with the singing of these songs but does every such thread have to be hijacked and turned into a "we shouldn't sing the songs" thread rather than discussing the issues raised in the OP?

FOCUS are nothing more than an organisation set up by Salmond's anti-Rangers Government hellbent on arresting Rangers supporters for offences for which others teams supporters will get away with. Simple as that.

Just remember that when you vote at the next election

I understand that there is a section of our support who don't agree with the singing of these songs but does every such thread have to be hijacked and turned into a "we shouldn't sing the songs" thread rather than discussing the issues raised in the OP?

Fair enough.

A section of our support remain completely out of touch with the prevailing views in the country. That lack of self awareness means 'we' remain 'shocked' when songs the vast majority of the population find distasteful and feel are clearly about terrorists eventually get banned. Posters blame 'The SNP' like they were installed in government following a coup instead of democratically elected or 'political correctness' like it's somehow strange people find these songs offensive.

Is it the best use of police time? No, I don't think so. Is it a surprise? No, this has been coming for years. Does it concern me? No, I've no time for songs about murder gangs, no matter how some might chose to dress them up.

The tims were singing 'Frank de Boer - sad Orange bastard' tonight.

I'd have thought that would be plenty for the likes of FOCUS & FARE to investigate but they won't. We know why.

However had it been big bad Rangers.................

Just what does it take for people in this country to realise what's going on & where we're heading?

Matter of fact, Sands was a sectarian bigot IRA fighter. Mocking him and his mark you out as someone from the opposition, at the time equally as sectarian as it gets. No ways about it. In this day and age though, it is the victim card wielding Yahoo who feels oppressed or offended or the like by anything pro-British and loyalist, no matter whether something is being sung in jest, as banter, or in earnest.* Those who have to deal with really serious matters when it comes to racism, nationalism and the like should see through this scam.

*Of course, the same standards do not hold for their songs et al.

Personally I don't think any Tims are offended they are just trying to score points in one-upmanship.

I must admit I don't need the Pope UVF stuff I prefer the catchy songs. I loved the idea of "We got knocked down but We got up again, You are never gonna keep us down. I admit it is not the easiest song to sing though