Im looking forward to reading it for the entertainment if nothing else. Not sure if he has another book in the past with more of his younger days but Id like to read about that also.

Should be some good bits about Keane, Rooney and players like Bosnich. He called the latter a terrible professional who ate like a horse before a game to Wimbledon.

Guest Night Owl

Don't think we'll see his likes again Gribz he's about as old school as it gets.

I sometimes wonder if in the fullness of time Wenger will be seen as one of the first masters of the new era of football when younger players aspire to become managers.... He came from a different environment than Ferguson.

He's had a hell of a time that's for sure , I just hope he retires with dignity and keeps himself out the limelight, I'd hate to see him fumble around on tv making a clown of himself and talking about how back in his day. He's had his day.

Wenger changed the Premier league. He was years ahead with what he did at Arsenal and that's why they were successful from 98-2005. Teams caught up although they spent silly money to do so while Arsenal remain in the black and should now have a very good few seasons infront of them. I always said that Wenger has hindsight!

Ferguson was the last of the old school. He joins Shankly, Stein, Paisley, Busby and Clough that group. Im sure he will be on TV as a pundit sometimes giving his views and cant see him making a clown of himself at all, he is very clever and everything he says is always thought of first.

Guest Night Owl

Bang on.

I think the criticism of Wenger's success being down to inheriting a sound back 4 is unfair and something people use to undermine his overall effect on the club.

You are right about the money though, only in football can a club be in over 100 million pounds worth of debt but still be some of the richest clubs in the world. Arsene with his economics degree has made sure Arsenal are in fine shape and unlike their EPL rivals, aren't carrying any excess fat.

Ferguson's tiffs with him were interesting and clearly show the difference between the two styles.

Wonder if Alex will maybe let bygones be bygones and give Arsene credit in his book.

Wonder if Alex will maybe let bygones be bygones and give Arsene credit in his book.

I think he does say they are now friends, but cant see him giving them credit. He avoids the pizza throwing debate saying he doesn't know who did it. Its Benitez he slates in the book.

Guest Night Owl
I think he does say they are now friends, but cant see him giving them credit. He avoids the pizza throwing debate saying he doesn't know who did it. Its Benitez he slates in the book.

Yeah what was that whole thing with Rafa, didn't it start when Rafa held a press conference and rolled out a conspiracy theory about Ferguson getting everything his own way ?

Never really liked Rafa to be honest, a very over hyped manager in my opinion.

Yeah what was that whole thing with Rafa, didn't it start when Rafa held a press conference and rolled out a conspiracy theory about Ferguson getting everything his own way ?

Never really liked Rafa to be honest, a very over hyped manager in my opinion.

I quite like Rafa and think he is good. He did well with Valencia breaking the Barca / Real dominance, then took Liverpool to two CL finals - winning one of them. He finished 2nd in the PL with them also. I think he did a good job with Chelsea last season with everyone against him, and this season his Napoli side are title contenders.

Guest Night Owl
I quite like Rafa and think he is good. He did well with Valencia breaking the Barca / Real dominance, then took Liverpool to two CL finals - winning one of them. He finished 2nd in the PL with them also. I think he did a good job with Chelsea last season with everyone against him, and this season his Napoli side are title contenders.

He's certainly made a go of it, but he's never inherited a poor team from what I can remember, hes got a sound CV. His spell at Chelsea was a good run, especially with all the fans against him, that must have been a sweet moment for him. However you gotta feel that some of those Chelsea fans must have felt a bit like mugs when it was all said and done though.

Napoli I believe will be his biggest challenge.

think Wenger has transformed Arsenal into the kind of team who I love to watch and play the kind of football I love, exciting good to watch and on the ground, similar to what Ferguson did with Man U.

the only criticism I have of Wenger is that he could have spent more money on new players to get to where he wanted to be, sooner. He owed that to the Arsenal fans, at least, who have been patient and supportive of their manager.

Ozil is an inspired signing, and Arsenal may well win something this season and I hope they do, but they should have been competitive before this season, with the right signings.

think Wenger has transformed Arsenal into the kind of team who I love to watch and play the kind of football I love, exciting good to watch and on the ground, similar to what Ferguson did with Man U.

the only criticism I have of Wenger is that he could have spent more money on new players to get to where he wanted to be, sooner. He owed that to the Arsenal fans, at least, who have been patient and supportive of their manager.

Ozil is an inspired signing, and Arsenal may well win something this season and I hope they do, but they should have been competitive before this season, with the right signings.

With hindsight I don't think he should have thrown money at it. He did always say he will spend the right amount on the right player and did so with Ozil. He was building this team up to a certain level before splashing the cash. This summer nobody key left for the first time and that's as important as bringing in the new signings as they don't have that feeling of a player going to another rival.

The signing of Flamini has been as important as Ozil, its brought that steel infront of the back 4 that has been lacking for a few years.