If memory serves me correct, the SFL First Division jumped shipped completely, along with a handful lower tier teams. He and the SFL were essentially blackmailed into surrender ... it was not "his" SFL and his decision to accept the SPL "proposals". IMHO typical Scottish clan politics ... and I might be proven wrong, but at the end of the day damaging to the Scottish clansmen. As per usual.

Absolutely dB. Totally correct.

Clubs like Falkirk, Raith and Hamilton actively chased their own self interest and dumped Longmuir right in it - all in the name of greed.

Longmuir was left with no alternative as he had to have a democratic mandate.

Why some of us are actively trying to rewrite history to pretend that Longmuir deliberately folded a straight flush I just can't comprehend.

We would be better off remembering the ones in the old SFL Div 1 who were more interested in the filthy lucre than the long term future of Scottish football.

I for one don't think these Clubs deserve any of our financial support in the future.

If memory serves me correct, the SFL First Division jumped shipped completely, along with a handful lower tier teams. He and the SFL were essentially blackmailed into surrender ... it was not "his" SFL and his decision to accept the SPL "proposals".

Clubs like Falkirk, Raith and Hamilton actively chased their own self interest and dumped Longmuir right in it - all in the name of greed.

Agree with both of you on these points, but it doesn't change the fact that our current shark infested waters might be too far out of Longmuir's depth.

Not as a CEO though, maybe as club Secretary or PA to the club Secretary . He knows some of the workings of the SFA and the SPFL and still has some connections with some of the smaller clubs, so can get our voice heard in places otherwise deaf to us. Not his biggest fan but see how he could be of use to the club.

If memory serves me correct, the SFL First Division jumped shipped completely, along with a handful lower tier teams. He and the SFL were essentially blackmailed into surrender ... it was not "his" SFL and his decision to accept the SPL "proposals". IMHO typical Scottish clan politics ... and I might be proven wrong, but at the end of the day damaging to the Scottish clansmen. As per usual.

Why some of us are actively trying to rewrite history to pretend that Longmuir deliberately folded a straight flush I just can't comprehend.

We would be better off remembering the ones in the old SFL Div 1 who were more interested in the filthy lucre than the long term future of Scottish football.

I for one don't think these Clubs deserve any of our financial support in the future.

Precisely why he didn't show enough courage to do his job. All those clubs were legally bound to give 3 years notice to leave the SFL, so their own interests were irrelevant. If he was then undermined doing his job then he wouldn't have looked bad in the public eye, only the corrupt bosses at the top who were doing the blackmailing would have looked bad and Longmuir would have left with dignity.

Edited by Gribz