Whilst nothing much new was recorded in the minutes, I'm pleased that they have opened up dialogue and have indicated their willingness to take forward a number of the initiatives suggested.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating though.

Guest Night Owl

Knew the minutes to the meeting were going to end up at the bottom of the bird cage, nobody will show their hand until things start rocking at the AGM.

Guest DietofWorms
Whilst nothing much new was recorded in the minutes, I'm pleased that they have opened up dialogue and have indicated their willingness to take forward a number of the initiatives suggested.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating though.

I agree, it's a forward step in meeting these fan groups and have at least shown us a structure to their ideas.

It's all PR....nothing more, nothing less.

The minutes tell the fans essentially what they want to hear, yet tell us nothing in reality - "we're here and we're ready. We also have a detailed plan & personnel to take things forward"

All this does is help sway shareholder opinion in their favour.

I'm not really sure what people expected. I saw most of the questions sent in and what was asked reflected these in general. Obviously a commitment to proper corporate governance, greater fan ownership and involvement, bringing in proven professionals, looking at scouting, PR and indeed all functions of the Club. One of the main tasks is to reduce costs and increase income. They will have ideas on this but they are unlikely to broadcast them with the whole world looking in.

I'm not really sure what people expected. I saw most of the questions sent in and what was asked reflected these in general. Obviously a commitment to proper corporate governance, greater fan ownership and involvement, bringing in proven professionals, looking at scouting, PR and indeed all functions of the Club. One of the main tasks is to reduce costs and increase income. They will have ideas on this but they are unlikely to broadcast them with the whole world looking in.

I think we'd have been more surprised if these issues weren't a given. Problem is we still lack specifics so until see that all those words are just sound-bites.

Perhaps we're guilty of expecting too much but, hey, we didn't invite Willie Vass and broadcast the meeting to the media.

Let's look at it this way:

The perception that amongst the fans groups represented is that there is perhaps 50% general support for the group and 50% who at this time are not

Do you think these perception percentages changed after this report or will have stayed the same? Or indeed, do you think McCollco may lose support for their continued lack of detail? I'd certainly doubt you've changed their critics' mind to be perfectly honest.

That's maybe unfair and such meetings are to be welcomed. But with the evening media fanfare has to come realism the next day and, all things considered, if you're failing to excite people like Bluedell and FS then that should be a worry.

All this does is help sway shareholder opinion in their favour.

Does it though?

I'd guess that those interested in this kind of thing will well versed in the various arguments. In that respect, I doubt this meeting will have done anything to change minds. Harsh but fair.

Must admit I was hoping for something we could all lay our hat on. Nothing of any real note there.

The more I read from either side Frankie - the more I form the opinion that really its all about King and which side he decides to ally with.