We should be starting our scouting now for being back in the SPL, trying to unearth a few young gems who will be at the right age come the summer of 2015 (which is less only 18 months away if all goes to plan).

It may also be unrealistic to win the SPL title in the first season we are back in it, Id be aiming for a 2nd spot to start with and depending on the team at the time then I'll decide if we should be winning it or not. Of course we should always be aiming to get our No.1 spot back but I am realistic to think that may take 1-2 seasons considering Celtic are being showered with CL money for the time we are away.

Listen there's a very good chance we'll be in the same division as Hearts next season so winning Div 1. isn't a given.

I was thinking about that during my last post but Hearts currently have a bit of a youthful squad while we have had a full transfer window so id fully expect to have more than enough for Hearts. I think other Championship sides would cause us more problems than Hearts as some teams I that league are 2 steps above what we have this season, plus we have some scores to settle with some of them (likes of Hamilton) so they will raise their game much more.

I'm not so much worried as pointing out that next season should be a significantly harder campaign than this one has so far been. There's a chance Hearts will be out of administration and have a transfer window of their own to strengthen their squad. On top of that they'll have a squad of younger players with a full season if top flight experience under their belts to build on.

It doesn't keep me awake at night but it's unrealistic to assume we'll walk the league. Hearts could rightly expect to beat every other side in Div 1 too so it come down to the four games between us.